• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Mike and Ike

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Bill & Hillary

rated:
Heckle and Jeckle

rated:
Frick & Frack

Ben & Jerry

Tom & Jerry

Batman & Robin

rated:
Ren & Stimpy
Beavis & Butthead

rated:
Kid & Play

rated:
Random and thoughts....

Are two words that should be in the title of every random thoughts thread!

rated:
In-N-Out
5 & Dime
Slip’N Slide
Martha and the Vandellas

rated:

rated:
I remember this commercial from when I was a kid, and it wasn't in the 1950s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh3LkItQn0E

rated:
do a barrel roll, starfox!

rated:
scrouds said:   do a barrel roll, starfox!

rated:
kamalktk said:   
scrouds said:   do a barrel roll, starfox!

I was thinking more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaA7kPfC5Hk

rated:
gotta love the highly technical lingo of auto repairs. I requested a brake inspection and was informed that the brake pads were about as thick as a slice of American cheese. I love that! 

rated:
back that up

rated:
Overall odds of winning in Mega Millions are 1 in 14.71

I won $5 with $40 worth of tickets. Better than average

Hit the mega ball 3 times on one 10-number ticket.. twice on another one.

Looks like I'm buying 5 tickets for free today.

rated:
7 and 11.  Guess what date is today?

rated:
I do like Good n Plenty although too many can make me feel queasy.
I was in an upscale foodie shop yesterday and saw Hammond's peppermint stirring straws. They make the bestest ribbon candy if you go for such things. I'm tempted to order some treats from their website.

rated:
Mmmm ribbon candy.

rated:
Got a guy dying (of old age), two dudes with cancer, and a couple whose marriage is in flames. Oh, and KKH, can your congregation house 14 volunteers overnight? In August I start filling in at another parish, 107 miles away. In never rains but it pours. I'm not complaining. The extra parish means extra $, maybe we can bury the debt from the new (salvage) Camry quickly (as I dump miles on it, of course).

rated:
sublimosa said:   Mmmm ribbon candy.
  Why is it so very very delicious?

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   Got a guy dying (of old age), two dudes with cancer, and a couple whose marriage is in flames. Oh, and KKH, can your congregation house 14 volunteers overnight? In August I start filling in at another parish, 107 miles away. In never rains but it pours. I'm not complaining. The extra parish means extra $, maybe we can bury the debt from the new (salvage) Camry quickly (as I dump miles on it, of course).
  Is the filling-in permanent? You could almost do that round trip with an electric car.

rated:
kirbydog said:   
sublimosa said:   Mmmm ribbon candy.
  Why is it so very very delicious?

Because it is made with better ingredients and of course, not widely available year round and of course, it is pretty?

rated:
thanks for the explanation, Limo. Ribbon candy is indeed superior to those thick rope suckers or to sugar sticks or canes.

rated:
kirbydog said:   
Kandykornhead said:   Got a guy dying (of old age), two dudes with cancer, and a couple whose marriage is in flames. Oh, and KKH, can your congregation house 14 volunteers overnight? In August I start filling in at another parish, 107 miles away. In never rains but it pours. I'm not complaining. The extra parish means extra $, maybe we can bury the debt from the new (salvage) Camry quickly (as I dump miles on it, of course).
  Is the filling-in permanent? You could almost do that round trip with an electric car.

No.  But that's what I said the last time this happened to me and I ended up with a triple parish .  They have begun calling their new full-time pastor, and at the same time they called me as a vacancy pastor.  The first guy they called is up in Alaska and has been for a looong time, I kind of have my doubts he'll accept.  It could be a long vacancy.  

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   
kirbydog said:   

No.  But that's what I said the last time this happened to me and I ended up with a triple parish .  They have begun calling their new full-time pastor, and at the same time they called me as a vacancy pastor.  The first guy they called is up in Alaska and has been for a looong time, I kind of have my doubts he'll accept.  It could be a long vacancy.  

Wow. At least you know you are a popular guy. as if you needed the validation since you are the resident expert in pastoring.

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   
kirbydog said:   

So does the filling in involve doing the non-sunday stuff? It seems like it would be hard to do the sunday stuff in two buildings 100 miles apart.

rated:
soundtechie said:   
Kandykornhead said:   
kirbydog said:   

So does the filling in involve doing the non-sunday stuff? It seems like it would be hard to do the sunday stuff in two buildings 100 miles apart.

It doesn't change our local Sunday schedule much.  THe vacant church gets an afternoon service, Bible class, and confirmation classes.  If there are hospital visits, counselling, or other non-schedule stuff it might turn into an overnight.  Otherwise it will be down and back in one day.  I heard through back channels that the AK guy returned the call, they called another guy, and he will accept.  I might not end up having to do anything.  But who is going to pay for our new car?  

rated:
Today's accomplishments: got dressed, made coffee, read the papers. Finished a book, put several others on hold at public library. Now I have 2 loads of laundry to do, bread to bake and that is all. 

rated:
Our very unpleasant CEO is visiting our office this afternoon. He acts nice but the smile rarely reaches his eyes; he respects men in management roles higher than women, comparisons of competency notwithstanding. We count the days until his retirement. I'm focusing on positive energy to try to push out his toxicity. We shall see.

rated:
I'm a glutton for pain

I have scheduled $6060 worth of bills (mortgage, electricity, gas, 2 credit cards) to paid on the same day.

rated:
Quick Joke

My German girlfriend likes to rate my sexual performances on a scale of 1-10.

Last night we tried anal. She kept yelling 9. That's the best I've ever done.

rated:
an ice cream truck just came down my street, first time in the 4 summers I've been here I've heard it
I couldn't help myself, I had to yell "Ice cream! Ice cream! Ice cream!"
I'm inside-I'll refrain from bursting into "You ain't got no ice cream you ain't got no ice cream..."

rated:
SilverII said:   Quick Joke

My German girlfriend likes to rate my sexual performances on a scale of 1-10.

Last night we tried anal. She kept yelling 9. That's the best I've ever done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZI4IZd9oE

rated:
I was awakened at 5:30AM in our quiet little neighborhood by the sound of vehicles and male voices out in the street, which deadends at a school. My neighbor texted to say the street was blocked with city police cars (our street is only 3 house long). He thinks an Uber driver chased a car up our street in pursuit of a hit-and-run accident and called the police. Not sure of further details. I was planning to go to work early but decided to stay in instead since my car was parked on the street and there were 2 police cars next to it, 2 behind them and at least 1-2 in front. Oh, it's gonna be a long day.

My neighbor was a bit worried because his license registration tag is expired and he didn't want to get a ticket. Heh! 

rated:
almost 7 month old daughter usually sleeps between me and Mrs in our king bed at night. Last night she fell from bed to floor.. yea.. scared the shit our of both of us. Thankfully no bruises or anything.. but we'll keep an eye on her.
Good time to start putting her in crib.

rated:
KayK said:   almost 7 month old daughter usually sleeps between me and Mrs in our king bed at night. Last night she fell from bed to floor.. yea.. scared the shit our of both of us. Thankfully no bruises or anything.. but we'll keep an eye on her.

Aren't there other dangers with that, too, like suffocation?  

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   KayK said:   almost 7 month old daughter usually sleeps between me and Mrs in our king bed at night. Last night she fell from bed to floor.. yea.. scared the shit our of both of us. Thankfully no bruises or anything.. but we'll keep an eye on her.

Aren't there other dangers with that, too, like suffocation?  
she doesnt get a pillow or blanket.. so other dangers are minimal.

rated:
KayK said:   I'm a glutton for pain

I have scheduled $6060 worth of bills (mortgage, electricity, gas, 2 credit cards) to paid on the same day.

Yes well how much was the home down payment check?

rated:
kamalktk said:   KayK said:   I'm a glutton for pain

Yes well how much was the home down payment check?
Mortgage + gas + electricity + water was $3374. Big chunk of AmEx was related to the Vegas trip. MasterCard bill was only around $160.

Skipping 316 Messages...
rated:
kirbydog said:   
sublimosa said:   ^one of my family did this, although she sold ridiculously expensive candles to fund her trip
  We get nothing, just a feel-good exercise of giving. I just called my mom to ask what she thinks we should give - she usually has an opinion about it and I don't want to be too cheap or whatever. They (my brother and his wife) have the money, though and could fund their kid's trip to go. I am the only income-producer in my household.

I didn't buy any candles. The percentage of money that actually went toward the trip as opposed to the candle company was way too low. Not to mention, I was still paying off either student loan or credit card, can't remember which.
Plus, she quit a good job to do it and I figured if she wanted to do it, she could've saved up her own money.
Her mother bought tons of candles and gave them as Xmas presents that year.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016