Pokemon Go

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Text Only
rated:
Anyone playing Pokemon Go?

What are you finding near you?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
NPR tries out pokemon go Neilium;19560827 said:Anyone playing Pokemon Go?

What are you finding near you?

The links at the top because your script, it do not work.

My 7 year old is. She is depleting cellphone batteries at a startling rate. You can capture the things from the backseat of a traveling car apparently

She has caught an Itchipoo, a Catiyak, and an AnnoyourDad so far [/old man]

ganda said:   My 7 year old is. She is depleting cellphone batteries at a startling rate. You can capture the things from the backseat of a traveling car apparently

She has caught an Itchipoo, a Catiyak, and an AnnoyourDad so far [/old man]

You need to teach her about GPS spoofing.

common pokemon. anybody find a legendary one yet?

I have played a little bit but I don't get the allure. It's incredibly boring IMO. 😴

asked a few people. seems like pokemon just randomly appear even if you are just at home. though i have read that some people get more water pokemon if they are near a beach or a lake.

My daughter caught 48 pokemon in one swipe at Costco yesterday.

So can you set up pokestops or whatever they are called? Because I could definitely see coffee shops and whatnot wanting to do that.

Pokestops are what happens when the meter runs out on fasttimes's Mom.

kamalktk said:   So can you set up pokestops or whatever they are called? Because I could definitely see coffee shops and whatnot wanting to do that.

With more and more video games using google data to put real place names in their games, it's only a matter of time before google is forced to give businesses and people to option to "opt in"  to share their location with videogame requests.

kamalktk said:   So can you set up pokestops or whatever they are called? Because I could definitely see coffee shops and whatnot wanting to do that.
  heard that a group of people use pokestops to find people to rob. pokemon go is a really dangerous game as far as the news i have heard.

So is this like people trying to catch imaginary fairies or something?

MilleniumBuc said:   So is this like people trying to catch imaginary fairies or something?
  Yes. It's soooo stupid. 

Couple of interns we have have been playing it. Makes sense.. since the show came out when they were in like elementary/middle school.

I see it as a plus.. they've been a lot more active.. walking all around the building during their breaks trying to catch them.

People evolve.. nothing to be shameful for.. or nothing to criticize them for. All generations do things that make the other generations roll their eyes.

What an awful game.

Completely overloaded servers with a lack of error trapping for server issues. It really seems like they quickly threw a new ui over their ingress engine and dropped it on the public.

Well, here are the future headlines:

"Idiot dies while walking into street by trying to catch a Pokemon"

"Pokemon Go surpasses selfies as the #1 killer of the Millenials."

Of course I am. What else am I going to do at work?

BrianGa said:   Of course I am. What else am I going to do at work?At work? I thought you're supposed to fatwallet/reddit while at work..

ganda said:   Pokestops are what happens when the meter runs out on fasttimes's Mom.
  Playing poke your mom....?

click to see my pokemans
Disclaimer
Let me show you my pokemans

BrianGa said:   Of course I am. What else am I going to do at work?

Someone's going to make a crass "chase real fairies?" joke at your expense, but it won't be me

I installed it but haven't played. Maybe sometime.

MilleniumBuc said:   Well, here are the future headlines:

not going to be surprised. there are alot of "challenged" millenials out there.

Pokemon Go: 1
Haters: 0

ganda said:   

Someone's going to make a crass "chase real fairies?" joke at your expense, but it won't be me

There's an app for that.

BrianGa said:   ganda said:   

There's an app for that.
Or... you can just go to the Pines.. like you do each weekend

Brace yourselves. It's just beginning.

Catching up to Twitter.

Give me a quick guide on this game. I started the app. What am I supposed to do? I think it has something to do with walking around starring down at my phone. If a Pokemon shows up before I walk off the end of a bridge or get run over, am I supposed to throw my balls at it to catch it? That sounds kind of indecent to do in public. So far I see no Pokemon at my work. I must be in a Pokemon free zone.

I don't think I have much patience for this, but give me more details.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3094921/new-york-driver-crashes-car-into-tree-while-playing-pokmon-go.html

NY driver crashes car into tree while playing Pokemon Go

And here we go...

MilleniumBuc said:   

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3094921/new-york-driver-crashes-c...

NY driver crashes car into tree while playing Pokemon Go

And here we go...

To be fair, he saw a Trunkathump and those are rare!

Pokeman Taking a Poo Poo
Disclaimer
I don't understand this game, but I did catch a Pokemon yesterday when having lunch.  Pokemon Go looks like he had to go right on my table.

I started playing this week because my daughter (21) and son (14) were. You can't just sit at home on the sofa and play like most apps. You have to get up and Go to find the monsters and to hatch the eggs. Daughter said there were some Poke stops up by the high school. So we walked and talked and caught some on the mile hike to and back. We all got two miles exercise, a shared experience, helping and talking to each other. Last night we walked around the park for 2 1/2 hours. As your kids get older these opportunities seem fewer, and I think it is great that we can use this game to do something fun together. It's not just watching TV or a movie, it is engaging, cooperative, inexpensive, and rewards activity.  

Two Men Fall Down Cliff While Playing 'Pokemon Go'

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Two-Men-Fall-Down-Cliff-While-Playing-Pokemon-Go-386743551.html

It almost feels like Darwin is never wrong.

MilleniumBuc said:   Two Men Fall Down Cliff While Playing 'Pokemon Go'

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Two-Men-Fall-Down-Cliff-Wh...

Dar-Winning!

Here's a small guide I found: http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/11/12149424/pokemon-go-tips-tricks-explainer-nintendo

I've been researching this a bit, just so I can be as intelligent as a 10 year old.

kamalktk said:   

Dar-Winning!

they are getting dumber and dumber. cleanse the gene pool ill say. lol.

these guys should not be reproducing any time soon.

Absolutely repulsive that idiots have been playing at Arlington National Cemetery, the US Holocaust Museum, the New York 9-11 Memorial, Auschwitz, etc.
No respect shown at all for such sacred sites by players or the game's makers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/07/12/holocaust-mus...

Skipping 69 Messages...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016