movie theater - bug bites

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
hello,
AMC Theater

went to movie theater, and all of us got bug bites
they are providing 100$ check as compensation.

is it anything else i can get? or 100 is enough?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Did the bites come with West Nile or Lyme disease? Isn't that plus $100 enough??

kirbydog said:   Did the bites come with West Nile or Lyme disease? Isn't that plus $100 enough??
I am asking to find out if this is usual? or they provide more after negotiating ?
she asked me if I got any medical treatment, which i dint. but i still have bite marks, and many others have the same too

What more do you want?

What kind of bug?

Did you transfer the bed bugs to your home?

Were you watching Antz in 4D?

eta: Can we stop it with this nnn$ notation please, it is wrong. Stop it. I know that's how you read $nnn out loud, but it is wrong.

cubbychicagolove said:   she asked me if I got any medical treatment, which i dint.
I'm guessing it may have been more if there was enough of an issue to seek medical treatment. As it is, you should probably be happy they gave you $100, as I'm guessing there's no solid evidence that the bugs were from the theater (or there'd be a local news story out there somewhere)...

free tickets?

ganda said:   eta: Can we stop it with this nnn$ notation please, it is wrong. Stop it. I know that's how you read $nnn out loud, but it is wrong.
It's a quick and easy IQ test.

i say sue them. lol.

Were the bug bites in a cluster of three and similar to a mosquito bite?  Did you scratch these bite marks and break them open and that is the mark you are still seeing?  If so those are bedbug bites, and if any of them bedbugs hitchhiked home with you and decide to take up residence and start multiplying you will be facing a long hard road ahead of you which will cost you THOUSANDS of dollars to remove them.  Anything that cannot withstand hours being heated at 120 degree F you may as well just get a dumpster for.  I lived in a building that probably still has them.  I would dread the full moon since that is when the scouts would get sent out.  I would sleep in hospital blues and did not sleep well because after I was bit on my arm, I would awaken immediately, run to the tub, take off my clothes and find the nasty bugger hiding out in them.  At which point it was killed and flushed down the toilet.  Eventually the scouts quit coming, only because I learned how to hunt them using myself as the bait.   In Madison, WI one company has a beagle that can track down those nasty buggers, and hotels pay good money to have him search the place every month to make sure they are clean. 

I hope you did not sign a waiver of responsibility when you took that $100.   The worst that can happen is very bad indeed. 

moonbeam said:   ganda said:   eta: Can we stop it with this nnn$ notation please, it is wrong. Stop it. I know that's how you read $nnn out loud, but it is wrong.
It's a quick and easy IQ test.

We are European and have more sense and decor!

Larryslug said:   Were the bug bites in a cluster of three and similar to a mosquito bite?  Did you scratch these bite marks and break them open and that is the mark you are still seeing?  If so those are bedbug bites, and if any of them bedbugs hitchhiked home with you and decide to take up residence and start multiplying you will be facing a long hard road ahead of you which will cost you THOUSANDS of dollars to remove them.  Anything that cannot withstand hours being heated at 120 degree F you may as well just get a dumpster for.  I lived in a building that probably still has them.  I would dread the full moon since that is when the scouts would get sent out.  I would sleep in hospital blues and did not sleep well because after I was bit on my arm, I would awaken immediately, run to the tub, take off my clothes and find the nasty bugger hiding out in them.  At which point it was killed and flushed down the toilet.  Eventually the scouts quit coming, only because I learned how to hunt them using myself as the bait.   In Madison, WI one company has a beagle that can track down those nasty buggers, and hotels pay good money to have him search the place every month to make sure they are clean. 

I hope you did not sign a waiver of responsibility when you took that $100.   The worst that can happen is very bad indeed. 

Thank you everyone.

I agree, and they are literally asking me to sign waiver for 100$.. It dint seem like bedbug, also the lady said that theater made some testing to see if there were bed bugs. my guess was mosquitoes, but no way to prove.
I also went to same theater, and there's something i feel every time i go there.
So why I go to that theater only? bcz I am asian, and that's the only movie theater where I get to see movies from my country, or i have to travel 40 miles for 1 movie.

Bugs do certainly have their preferences.

For reference... What sort of Asian movies are these, so we can avoid? Israel? Kazakhstan? Russia? Turkey? Saudi Arabia? India? Pakistan? Afghanistan? Jordan? Iran? Iraq? Uzbekistan? Maybe something oriental?

Were the bites on your legs? Were you wearing shorts?

replyguy said:   Were the bites on your legs? Were you wearing shorts?
  yes, shorts.

Yes, that's right. One trillion dollars!
Disclaimer

One trillion dollars!
Disclaimer
riznick said:   What more do you want?
  One trillion dollars!

does the bites lines up?

george2001 said:   
riznick said:   What more do you want?
One trillion dollars!

Did the bugs have "frickin' laser beams on their heads"?
If not, were they at least "mutated" and "ill tempered"?

Where is this AMC theater? 

How is this the movie theater's fault? Can you sue the city for getting a cold when riding the subway or bus?

The last thing you need after seeing a mutant movie or a Marvel classic.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017