Rich D-bag meets skateboard punk. Punk wins!

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
and he left his friend chasing the kid.

Two punks here last year tried that on a cop, one is dead, another end up in a wheel chair for life.

On 2nd look, is that why they call that a "California stop"?

I don't think I'd classify being hit by a car so hard that the car's windshield shatters a "win." And you can't assume every person driving a nice car is a "d-bag." Right RS4Rings?

never really saw what happened. did the kid crash into the windshield?

thanksgivingninja said:   never really saw what happened. did the kid crash into the windshield?
You cant see what happened because the idiot cameraman filmed in vertical video.

/ vertical video is a sin. I dont think kkh is even allowed to provide forgiveness for it.

kamalktk said:   
thanksgivingninja said:   never really saw what happened. did the kid crash into the windshield?
You cant see what happened because the idiot cameraman filmed in vertical video.

/ vertical video is a sin. I dont think kkh is even allowed to provide forgiveness for it.

Go in peace, my son.  But, yeah, hold your phone the other way.  

Another angle. 

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/another-angle-of-skater-bustin...

The audacity of honking at the pedestrian in the crosswalk while running the stop sign.

At least the glass is cheaper than if the guy hit the hood. $1200 vs $9,000

fasttimes said:   
Another angle. 

After seeing this, I'm with the skater punk, the driver really was a d-bag. The skater was IN the crosswalk, and had the right-of-way, and the driver failed to stop before the crosswalk, at the stop sign. Yeah, punk probably shouldn't have smacked the windshield with his skateboard, but the driver nearly hit him. He can afford the expensive hot rod, so he can afford the replacement windshield - he's lucky he didn't hit the kid, the cost would have been greater once you add in the citation, insurance payout, increased rates, etc.

When I lived in the small university city for just under 5 years (before buying my current townhouse), I encountered drivers like this while out in my mobility scooter. Had a few close encounters where I was in the crosswalk, with the 'walk' light, and nearly got rammed by a few SUV's, and wanted to throw something at the idiot drivers screeching their brakes as they realize I'm there - once saw a university student in a crosswalk on a bicycle narrowly miss getting hit by some dude in an SUV turning on yellow, trying to beat the red light. Glad I am out of that city, the suburbs are much better. Have had zero problems, even with the crosswalks on a sometimes busy highway.

SweetClover said:   fasttimes said:   
Another angle. 

After seeing this, I'm with the skater punk, the driver really was a d-bag. The skater was IN the crosswalk, and had the right-of-way, and the driver failed to stop before the crosswalk, at the stop sign. Yeah, punk probably shouldn't have smacked the windshield with his skateboard, but the driver nearly hit him. He can afford the expensive hot rod, so he can afford the replacement windshield - he's lucky he didn't hit the kid, the cost would have been greater once you add in the citation, insurance payout, increased rates, etc.

When I lived in the small university city for just under 5 years (before buying my current townhouse), I encountered drivers like this while out in my mobility scooter. Had a few close encounters where I was in the crosswalk, with the 'walk' light, and nearly got rammed by a few SUV's, and wanted to throw something at the idiot drivers screeching their brakes as they realize I'm there - once saw a university student in a crosswalk on a bicycle narrowly miss getting hit by some dude in an SUV turning on yellow, trying to beat the red light. Glad I am out of that city, the suburbs are much better. Have had zero problems, even with the crosswalks on a sometimes busy highway.

Skateboards don't belong anywhere but skate parks. Ever. And it's illegal to ride a bike on a sidewalk or in a crosswalk in most locations.

Umm, the video is a fake. Windshield already broke. Video made to generate views and thus revenue. Must be a FW member.

SecondGunman said:   
SweetClover said:   
fasttimes said:   
Another angle. 

Skateboards don't belong anywhere but skate parks. Ever. And it's illegal to ride a bike on a sidewalk or in a crosswalk in most locations.

It's also illegal to fail to stop at a stop sign, and to go through a crosswalk once someone enters it, even if the person entering is on a bicycle or skateboard.  If the police were involved, probably both the driver and the skateboarder would be cited. In the city I lived in, there is a large university, a significant amount of the population are university students. There are a lot of foreign students here. Skateboarding is a popular mode of transportation among the uni students, as are bicycles. There are dedicated bike lanes that are shared by the bicyclists and skateboarders, it appears the skaters are at least tolerated, if not allowed.

The lanes merge with crosswalks at intersections, so the cyclists and skaters move toward the crosswalks at intersections, and move back in to the bike lanes after going through the intersection. They have to observe the same lights as the autos, and travel with the flow of traffic, which this particular cyclist was doing. The cyclist was in the bike lane, entered the intersection merging into the crosswalk, when a driver going in the opposite direction, sped up and turned sharply left into the intersection as the light turned yellow, narrowly missing the student on the bike as he moved from the crosswalk into the bike lane again.

A few years ago, in a neighboring city, an elderly lady in a powered wheelchair was on her way home from a nearby bingo hall, a place she went to weekly, in her wheelchair, from the apartment complex she lived in nearby. This particular night, she didn't make it. Witnesses described seeing her enter the crosswalk at the 'walk' light, when a speeding SUV plowed through the intersection on a red light, and slammed into her. Her wheelchair was a mangled mess, she was fatally injured. A check of red light and nearby business security cams verified witness accounts. The driver left the scene, but was later arrested because of the red light camera.

The operator of a 2000+ lb vehicle has a greater responsibility to observe traffic laws, especially with regard to pedestrians legally in a crosswalk, because their failure can be detrimental, if not fatal, when they don't.

If that driver had hit the skateboarder, I doubt much would be made of whether it was legal or not for the skateboarder to be skating through the intersection. The book would be thrown at the driver for failing to stop at the stop sign, and entering an occupied pedestrian crosswalk. Driver is responsible if he fails to stop at the stop sign, and fails to insure the crosswalk is clear before entering the intersection.

fake

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017