• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Holy crap, $700?!

Just in time for Christmas too. I like PF as much as the next person who likes PF too much, but $700?

How much is the set that covers the rest of their career going to cost?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Hot Deal alert! It's only $500 from Amazon UK. Thanks Brexit!

WHAAAAAAT?!!? Is it personally delivered by Dave Gilmour?

clangle said:   WHAAAAAAT?!!? Is it personally delivered by Dave Gilmour?
For 500-700$ For a box set, you better get some happy ending music from some of their groupies.

"40+ items of archival memorabilia including: posters, flyers, tour programs, tickets, press advertisements, & much more.

This set includes: 10 CDs, 8 Blu-ray Discs, 9 DVDs, 5 seven-inch vinyl singles, collectable memorabilia, & more. "

It does include a lot of stuff.

MilleniumBuc said:   
For 500-700$ For a box set, you better get some happy ending music from some of their groupies.

Their groupies from the time period of this box set?

I have their early years stuff. Unfortunately it is on 8-Track tapes and vinyl.

I've never heard a better sound & song than Welcome to the Machine from Wish You Were Here.

It was a Quadraphonic 8-Track listened to in a Cadillac Eldorado with a full factory Quadraphonic Stereo setup.

kamalktk said:   MilleniumBuc said:   

Their groupies from the time period of this box set?

Well, full dentures do have their benefits.

zapjb said:   I've never heard a better sound & song than Welcome to the Machine from Wish You Were Here.

It was a Quadraphonic 8-Track listened to in a Cadillac Eldorado with a full factory Quadraphonic Stereo setup.

Yes Quad stereo setup in the car WAS unbelievable.  I ordered my first new car with the quad radio. A $198 option over just AM / FM.    This car was bought in 1974 in a Wisconsin town nowhere near any broadcast FM stereo stations and probably the only setup like that the dealer ever sold.  He thought I was crazy because they did not even have FM signals but I was moving to Chicago and figured it would be the up and coming thing being the big city.  There was only one Chicago radio station that broadcasted Quad and only for 1 hour a day at lunchtime.  Spent many a lunch time in the car just to listen to the quad sounds.   Unfortunately, it never caught on.

I was unaware that they had quad 8-tracks.  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017