Office space for lease signs always up.

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
While these signs are in front of many buildings in my area, the one I pass by often is in front of a very stylish mid-rise glass and matte-aluminum skinned building with nice landscaping. If I were a tenant I'd be annoyed at seeing basically an ugly billboard right in front of the place every day. It's kind of like having a car with flat tires and a broken windshield in the parking lot. Why don't the tenants suggest the sign be removed? 90% of potential tenants would probably look online anyway for a place.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
atikovi said:   While these signs are in front of many buildings in my area, the one I pass by often is in front of a very stylish mid-rise glass and matte-aluminum skinned building with nice landscaping. If I were a tenant I'd be annoyed at seeing basically an ugly billboard right in front of the place every day. It's kind of like having a car with flat tires and a broken windshield in the parking lot. Why don't the tenants suggest the sign be removed? 90% of potential tenants would probably look online anyway for a place.

I know when I want to sell something I hide that fact as thoroughly as I can.

soundtechie said:   
atikovi said:   While these signs are in front of many buildings in my area, the one I pass by often is in front of a very stylish mid-rise glass and matte-aluminum skinned building with nice landscaping. If I were a tenant I'd be annoyed at seeing basically an ugly billboard right in front of the place every day. It's kind of like having a car with flat tires and a broken windshield in the parking lot. Why don't the tenants suggest the sign be removed? 90% of potential tenants would probably look online anyway for a place.

I know when I want to sell something I hide that fact as thoroughly as I can.

When you want to sell your TV, you don't put a big sign on your front lawn saying so.

Why not Finance? Why not Zoidberg?

Why wouldnt they advertise that they have free space for rent?

because the sign insults OP's sense of asthetics, that's why, and how dare you?

Would YOU want to look at an ugly billboard many times a day in front of a building you pay thousands of dollars a month rent for? The internet is the place to advertise this. The chances of someone just driving by wanting to rent is pretty slim.

atikovi said:   The chances of someone just driving by wanting to rent is pretty slim.

Works for fasttimes's Mom 10PM to 2AM on 15th St (so I hear)

atikovi said:   Would YOU want to look at an ugly billboard many times a day in front of a building you pay thousands of dollars a month rent for? The internet is the place to advertise this. The chances of someone just driving by wanting to rent is pretty slim.

the people who are paying thousands of dollars in rent have a potential remedy: contact the company they are renting from and complain/ask for a change. if you're a random guy on the street, you don't have any say in the matter at all.

I'd bet that the renters want the sign there: the sooner the new place gets rented, the more foot traffic they'll have, and maybe less rent increases to boot.

Not new. Building been there 10+ years. 8-10 stories so maybe 100+ offices so there will always be a vacancy or two at any one time. That sign/billboard could be up forever. I never said I had a say in the matter.

I think the sign/billboard sounds lovely. Any pics?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017