• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Getting kind of hungry talking about food in the comments on another post, and got to thinking about what my fellow Casual Conversationalists like to show off with in the kitchen.
I learned how to make risotto milanese when I was in my early twenties, and wooed my wife with it. Now I'm teaching my kids how to make it, because it is easy, cheap, and seems fancier than it is.
How about you?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I can boil water!

I buy a chicken at Costco and make Stove Top and powdered mashed potatoes and frozen peas. No complaints so far.

replyguy said:   I buy a chicken at Costco

Commonly known as CC

I only serve the finest fole gras

nothing beats bacon. lol.

Deep fried butter

Bacon deep fried in butter.

Deep Fried nutter butter.

replyguy said:   I buy a chicken at Costco.
 to impress people or just that you're really good at?

We travel [for work] & live 3 months in a travel trailer. Camping on & off at WM, and scavenging there for day-old food.

Nothing beats a cold or hot, precooked chicken for $2.00 or $2.50 [we freeze half of it] = $1.25 dinner for 2.
add to that "used" pastries from WM too.

Yes, we impress people by telling them that we are really good at eating for little $$$

ANYTHING on a grill.

Me like FIRE... {grunt}

Best are Road-kill chicken, and brined pork chops.

**Note, good Grill master determine cooking time in number of beers consumed: Since I am a chugger, my times are shorter than most others (in other words, beer consumption is lower for the lightweights).

Burgers - 4 beers
Steaks - 3 beers
Chicken (whole) - 5 beers

and so on.

Last note, beer consumption STARTS with grill prep and lighting of coals... beer total starts with MEAT on the grill.  Grill prep can easily be 2 times (or 2 times the beers) cook time!

Hungry Man fried chicken dinner with nacho cheese.

pan seared prime rib eye. The secret is to use a roaring hot cast iron pan, instead of using oil, render the fat on the edge of the ribeye and use that as the oil.

oh and let it sit out side to come to room temperature. 3 minutes each side for rare to medium rare

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016