Suicide squad reviews

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Good news: suicide squad received a 38% rating based on 62 reviews according to rotten tomatoes. I love rotten tomatoes

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Yeah. Most reviews has been negative. Is this Marvels doing?

maximumstun said:   Yeah. Most reviews has been negative. Is this Marvels doing?
  I kinda doubt it. Between "Man of Steel" and "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice", DC hasn't gotten their act together as far as movies go. I think they can get negative reviews on their own without Marvel's help.

Virgil27 said:   maximumstun said:   Yeah. Most reviews has been negative. Is this Marvels doing?
  I kinda doubt it. Between "Man of Steel" and "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice", DC hasn't gotten their act together as far as movies go. I think they can get negative reviews on their own without Marvel's help.

Yes. Both of those movies were so slow in their pace and development, that I can't imagine them having a clue down the road to make all this awesome sounding movies any good. I am already sad that Justice League will not be as good as it should be. My favorite cartoon growing up, and they don't even have the Wonder twins and Gleek.

BVS was just a drag fest. I mean cmon its a super hero movie. I want fights. There was basically just one fight the whole movie. This is the reason why I am not getting my hopes up on Suicide Squad although the trailers look amazing.

Virgil27 said:   
maximumstun said:   Yeah. Most reviews has been negative. Is this Marvels doing?

That is what bothers me. They make good animated movies, better than Marvels I say. But why cant they seem to carry that over to their live action films?

maximumstun said:   
Virgil27 said:   

That is what bothers me. They make good animated movies, better than Marvels I say. But why cant they seem to carry that over to their live action films?

I think it's because their parent company Warner Bros is largely spearheading the effort. They tend to go with quantity over quality - assuming a bigger budget, longer run times and more stars will translate into box office success. Meanwhile, Marvel is the complete opposite - they run their own studio with very little interference from their parent company Disney, they focus on story and character, and they keep their budgets pretty reasonable. They also have Kevin Feige, a comic nerd who has been producing movies since the first X-Men movies, at the helm. 

The good news is that Geoff Johns, a popular comic book writer who got his start working for "Superman" director Richard Donner, is now the president at DC Entertainment. He co-wrote Wonder Woman, so hopefully that will be the movie that turns things around for DC. 

neonsculpture said:   BVS was just a drag fest. I mean cmon its a super hero movie. I want fights. There was basically just one fight the whole movie. This is the reason why I am not getting my hopes up on Suicide Squad although the trailers look amazing.
  You want to see a real fight?  Conan vs. Andy

larrymoencurly said:   
neonsculpture said:   BVS was just a drag fest. I mean cmon its a super hero movie. I want fights. There was basically just one fight the whole movie. This is the reason why I am not getting my hopes up on Suicide Squad although the trailers look amazing.
  You want to see a real fight?  Conan vs. Andy

Lol. Conans comicon stuff is always good. I loved his costume. Somebody from Marvel or DC should make a movie featuring the Flaming C. Lol.

Virgil27 said:   
maximumstun said:   
Virgil27 said:   

I think it's because their parent company Warner Bros is largely spearheading the effort. They tend to go with quantity over quality - assuming a bigger budget, longer run times and more stars will translate into box office success. Meanwhile, Marvel is the complete opposite - they run their own studio with very little interference from their parent company Disney, they focus on story and character, and they keep their budgets pretty reasonable. They also have Kevin Feige, a comic nerd who has been producing movies since the first X-Men movies, at the helm. 

The good news is that Geoff Johns, a popular comic book writer who got his start working for "Superman" director Richard Donner, is now the president at DC Entertainment. He co-wrote Wonder Woman, so hopefully that will be the movie that turns things around for DC. 

That Wonder Woman trailer at comic-con feels like Captain America in World War 1. Lol.

maximumstun said:   
Virgil27 said:   
maximumstun said:   
Virgil27 said:   

That Wonder Woman trailer at comic-con feels like Captain America in World War 1. Lol.

I think that's why they put it in World War I, to avoid having her in WWII like Cap. But I think it looks good too. 

I understand that, but why put in that love interest guy? DC movies do not have that much of a success with love interests.

neonsculpture said:   I understand that, but why put in that love interest guy? DC movies do not have that much of a success with love interests.
She needs someone to tie her up with the lasso.

/ tldr it was one of the character's creator's personal kinks and why WW got tied up so often in the comics

anybody watched suicide squad yet? would love to hear your opinions.

Even I wanted to know opinions?? Waiting to hear reviews!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017