1+1=8?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I've never understood Jet.com's business model. This is going for $39 on jet.com.  I had a 15% off coupon, so the total was like $33 with free shipping.  After placing the order my email said Deep Discount fulfilled the order.  I went to their website, and theyre selling the same thing for $87.  Now, I know jet gets paid referrel fees, so jet didnt pay $87 for this, they probably paid $75 or so.  But still, how does it make business sense to buy something for $75, then sell it to someone for $33??? Makes no sense to me.  And yet WalMart is buying for for a couple billion!  Say what ???  I have a feeling when the deal closes WalMart will shut down jet.com, because they like making money right ???

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I know the answer! They plan(ned) to sell the business for a zillion dollars to another company. Seriously. That was always their plan. The same guys sold their previous business to Amazon.

Slick29832 said:   This is going for $39 on jet.com.  

And it's probably going for $5 or $10 on any big city street corner.

They're not the same thing. The deepdiscount one says its blue-ray 3D, the other one is just blue ray.

It's that new math ploy beware........

kamalktk said:   They're not the same thing. The deepdiscount one says its blue-ray 3D, the other one is just blue ray.
  It's the same thing.  I got it already in the mail.  There's only one gift set for Jurassic world 

atikovi said:   

I don't get your point.  This is a gift set.  This isn't just a bluray that can be counterfeit.  Without understanding you have no knowledge 

Slick29832 said:   
atikovi said:   

I don't get your point.  This is a gift set.  This isn't just a bluray that can be counterfeit.  Without understanding you have no knowledge 

What's a blueray? All I see is a pair of dinosaur action figures in your link.

... Aaaaaand someone just got bought by WalMart for $3b

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017