• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Count me out though, I have stayed away ever since the inversion deal.

If I ate two of those I think I might have an inversion on the sidewalk.

Hamburgers are supposed to be in a bun. If you want a burrito, eat a burrito!

Is that a no?!

A definite no!  

In my research of fast food joints, when they develop new items for the menu, the first thing they try to do is work with the ingredients they already are using, as not to burden restaurants with the added expense of stocking more food items.  In this instance, the only thing they need to add are flour tortillas.  The "queso sauce" looks like something they can make from stuff that's already in the store.

You don't roll-up hamburger stuff into a flour tortilla.  A burger is to enjoyed and bitten into while the shape of a disc inside a bun, not chopped up inside a tortilla.   Even worse, is if Taco Bell put Burrito Supreme stuff into a hamburger bun.  It will fall out and be a mushy mess.  Years ago, Taco Bell had the Bellbeefer, which was kind of a Sloppy Joe, using the ground beef, sauce, cheese and onions that's in their burritos.  It was kept on the menu for a long time, but wasn't a big seller.  Eventually they dropped it.

burgerwars said:   A definite no!  

In my research of fast food joints, when they develop new items for the menu, the first thing they try to do is work with the ingredients they already are using, as not to burden restaurants with the added expense of stocking more food items.  In this instance, the only thing they need to add are flour tortillas.  The "queso sauce" looks like something they can make from stuff that's already in the store.

You don't roll-up hamburger stuff into a flour tortilla.  A burger is to enjoyed and bitten into while the shape of a disc inside a bun, not chopped up inside a tortilla.   Even worse, is if Taco Bell put Burrito Supreme stuff into a hamburger bun.  It will fall out and be a mushy mess.  Years ago, Taco Bell had the Bellbeefer, which was kind of a Sloppy Joe, using the ground beef, sauce, cheese and onions that's in their burritos.  It was kept on the menu for a long time, but wasn't a big seller.  Eventually they dropped it.

Wise words from a wise man. We would do well to heed them.

I think you should take a burrito for the team. Where's your community spirit man?!

ganda said:   I think you should take a burrito for the team. Where's your community spirit man?!
Are you questioning BW's expertise on all-things-burger-related? If BW says no, that's good enough for me!  

Well, only a few months before the Halloween Burger is back at BK. Yum....

Ate one of these last night and it was great. Doesn't taste anything like a Whopper, or a "burger on a tortilla", just tastes like a shockingly good fast food burrito. Big chunks of beef that I presume started life as hamburger patties, lettuce, tomato, onions, and somewhat surprisingly, pickles. There's some kind of sauce on it that the internet tells me is called "queso sauce". It tasted sorta like store bought salsa con queso with taco seasoning in it. The whole thing was pretty big, about as big as the largest of Taco Bell burritos. All in all, it didn't taste a whole lot like real Mexican food, but it did taste like real food, which is kinda saying a lot for a random temporary fast food item.

I found it sadly amusing that Burger King managed to come up with something that tastes better than anything on Taco Bell's entire menu on their first try.

burgerwars said:   A definite no!  

Your PHD degree is oozing out in that post.
A regular person would not have that kind of a thought process, research and memory.

See, MisterBeefhead, who you would never expect to find at a burger restaurant, is a real team player!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017