Proposal to jail vegans who impose diet on children

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
Italy proposal to jail vegans who impose diet on children story

I must have been in the sun too long, I agree with Italians Maybe not jail time.

Is human breast milk vegan?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
If your kids dies of malnutrition, you probably should be punished. Doesnt matter if its because you are vegan or feed them an all steak diet.

But should society intervene before the kid's diet kills them? If say the school notices the all steak diet is making the kid sick, should the parents be reported to the government and the parents threatened with jail time?

You're not allowed to tattoo your children, should you be allowed to feed them a diet that will kill them?

Well, maybe a law like that would prevent kids from dying or getting sick because of malnourishment due to forced diet in the first place.

I think the Italian government is perfectly capable of arresting parents who starve their children without arresting people just because they feed their kids a vegan diet. if a competent doctor's examination reveals malnutrition, arrest the parents.

ganda said:   But should society intervene before the kid's diet kills them? If say the school notices the all steak diet is making the kid sick, should the parents be reported to the government and the parents threatened with jail time?

You're not allowed to tattoo your children, should you be allowed to feed them a diet that will kill them?

What about those who feed their kids junk food? I won't rest until we institute the death penalty for parents of fat children. It's only right.

What bs.

I'm no fan of the vegan diet but it's simple, if parents neglect their children charge them, if they don't, don't.

you could whatever you want to eat, just dont force it on me.

I eat vegans. mmm mmMM

What us the role of government? If children are neglected, should the government step in? If they are physically abused, should the government step in?

PSA, since some people seem confused: a vegan diet is not necessarily unhealthy. It can be healthier than what a lot of people feed their kids. Of course vegans can feed their kids an unhealthy diet. But so can omnivores. hth 

moonbeam said:   PSA, since some people seem confused: a vegan diet is not necessarily unhealthy. It can be healthier than what a lot of people feed their kids. Of course vegans can feed their kids an unhealthy diet. But so can omnivores. hth 
Vegan diets are unhealthy, lacking certain amino acids that are required by the body, not able to be produced by the body and not present in any plant based form.

The proposed Italian law is in response to some children who died because a vegan diet was forced on them.

My question is, should society intervene? Or is it the parent's right to feed their child as they see fit, STFU?


The Last Supper - Updated for 2016
Disclaimer
I've been to Italy twice in the past several years.  Next time I go I should be treated like a hero. 

 

Did Thomas say "I'm not sure we should be eating this?"

ganda said:   Did Thomas say "I'm not sure we should be eating this?"
  It looks like he has a problem with that hot dog.  Maybe not enough ketchup.

I did see the mural when I went to the Milan Expo last year.  It's quite faded.  They need somebody like me to get it up-to-date with the modern diet. 

ZenNUTS said:   I eat vegans. mmm mmMM
  So you're a vegetarian?

Anyone remembers this
Baby weighed a little over 3 pounds when he died.
Georgia's Supreme Court has sentenced an Atlanta couple to life in prison for starving its infant son, rejecting claims by the defense that vegan rules were to blame.

scrouds said:   
moonbeam said:   PSA, since some people seem confused: a vegan diet is not necessarily unhealthy. It can be healthier than what a lot of people feed their kids. Of course vegans can feed their kids an unhealthy diet. But so can omnivores. hth 
Vegan diets are unhealthy, lacking certain amino acids that are required by the body, not able to be produced by the body and not present in any plant based form.

Vegan diets aren't unnecessarily unhealthy, just harder to get right, probably requiring more variety to include all the needed nutrients, including some supplements (iron, B vitamins).  Regular vegetarians who include eggs and dairy have it a lot easier.

larrymoencurly said:   
Vegan diets aren't unnecessarily unhealthy, just harder to get right, probably requiring more variety to include all the needed nutrients, including some supplements (iron, B vitamins).  Regular vegetarians who include eggs and dairy have it a lot easier.

If you have to take supplements for basic nutritional needs, your diet is not healthy.

I recommend the bill Clinton vegan diet. High in real vegetables, low in starches and the occasional meal of eggs or salmon.

We need to face reality here. We are not cows. We are not designed to solely digest plant matter. Cows can make amino acids that we need to get from dietary sources. From animals that eat or make them.

I can see people raising their children on a vegan diet, but it makes me really angry when they feed their pets a vegan diet.

st4rdust said:   I can see people raising their children on a vegan diet, but it makes me really angry when they feed their pets a vegan diet.
Futurama_vegan_lion.jpg

st4rdust said:   I can see people raising their children on a vegan diet, but it makes me really angry when they feed their pets a vegan diet.
  
Because dogs aren't designed to be vegans but humans are?

st4rdust said:   I can see people raising their children on a vegan diet, but it makes me really angry when they feed their pets a vegan diet.
  What about Playboy pet?

ganda said:   
st4rdust said:   I can see people raising their children on a vegan diet, but it makes me really angry when they feed their pets a vegan diet.
  
Because dogs aren't designed to be vegans but humans are?

  
I don't really care if someone is vegan as long as they don't glare at me while I'm eating my bacon

Pets don't get to choose what they eat. I guess children don't either, but hopefully children on vegan diets will still be getting their proteins and vitamins from other sources -- I would think that any parent feeding their children vegan diets would be more conscious of maintaining good nutrition, as well as experienced in it. I know several people who were raised in vegetarian households that have excellent fitness/dietary habits now.

Cats and dogs don't get vitamin D from sunlight like us, so their vitamin D comes from animal sources. I believe there's an issue with taurine deficiencies in vegan pet diets as well. 

st4rdust said:   I can see people raising their children on a vegan diet, but it makes me really angry when they feed their pets a vegan diet.
  but bob likes chives.  

ZenNUTS said:   
st4rdust said:   I can see people raising their children on a vegan diet, but it makes me really angry when they feed their pets a vegan diet.
  What about Playboy pet?

  Looks like steak, but is tofu and photoshop.

ganda said:   Italy proposal to jail vegans who impose diet on children story 

I must have been in the sun too long, I agree with Italians Maybe not jail time.

Is human breast milk vegan?

  I support their inprisionment.

Let's send PETA parents to Italy



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017