• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
A co-worker downstairs from me belt her broke.  She's kind of holding up her pants, but she found a large butterfly clip to attach to both sides of the broken belt to make it through the day, but things still could break.

In my office, I do have several solutions.  That's a drawer of ethernet cables of different lengths and colors.  I brought down a six foot blue one, that matches her pants.  She would have no part of it, saying she would look homeless.  I tied it around my waste to prove how it works.  It's quite a fashion statement.  Still, she refuses my fashion advice.

Any other solutions?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Cause a butterfly clip is ALL the rage now

If a guy wears a belt and suspenders stay away from him, he can't even trust his pants.

kamalktk said:   If a guy wears a belt and suspenders stay away from him, he can't even trust his pants.
  My dad used to do that. It was mortifying. It must have been tricky when needing to use the bathroom but I didn't ask about how that worked. 

binder clips
Disclaimer
Binder clips, you can get them any size and in multiple colors.

Attach them to the pants, not broken belt.

I have some bungee cords in my car.

Duct tape FTW!

I have some duct tape, rope, and hand-cuff.

wait..where are we talking about again?

Does it move? Yes
Is it supposed to? No
Answer = Duct Tape

Conversely,

Does it move? No
Is it supposed to? Yes
Answer = WD40

I've used a shoelace before. If she wants a solution that doesn't look like a rope, she should go to WalMart and buy a belt.

Just have 4 or 5 or 10 extra burgers. Your belly will expand enough to hold your pants up.

I forgot I keep a spare belt in the car too.

You think a serpentine belt will do the trick?

Eliy May
Disclaimer
Just a plain old piece of rope.

Worked for Eliy May Clampett

I'd simply run to Wa1greens or Dollar store around the corner and grab one.  Did that couple of times on business trips where I'd leave on Sunday afternoon wearing jeans and sandles (no socks) only to find our upon the arrivals that I forgot to pack belt and socks.  Run to the nearest store and buy the cheapest i could to get by for couple of days.

scrouds said:   I forgot I keep a spare belt in the car too.

You think a serpentine belt will do the trick?

My car includes a nylon belt to hold the tire when the mini-spare is used because the storage space for the mini-spare is too small for a regular tire.  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016