• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
miss the old FW with cashback! no more reason to come to FW anymore. and though i don't want to sound like an old fart, OT has changed and i don't see the regulars here anymore.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
mah

rated:
Regulars come and go.  Except for me.  I'm not a frequent poster, but I've been here forever.

rated:
"everybody who will read this isn't worth it" threads always get a lot of traction.  

But I wish the following "more recent" regulars were still here, or as regular as they used to be:  MA, Scott, MCB, JR, Veggie.  

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   "everybody who will read this isn't worth it" threads always get a lot of traction.  

But I wish the following "more recent" regulars were still here, or as regular as they used to be:  MA, Scott, MCB, JR, Veggie.  

I'm glad you are here, KKH and Miserly and Sublimosa. There is still a smallish core of regulars, although none so prolific as in the past when OT was active and vibrant.

rated:
kirbydog said:   Kandykornhead said:   "everybody who will read this isn't worth it" threads always get a lot of traction.  

I'm glad you are here, KKH and Miserly and Sublimosa. There is still a smallish core of regulars, although none so prolific as in the past when OT was active and vibrant.

Yup. Andaybe it's because I've been busier, but I'm not posting as often. And I see less and less posts. Has quality of the posts improved to account for the lack of quantity? I don't think so. 😁

rated:
<-- still here

rated:
Git off my lawn!

rated:
Sanjoelo said:   Git off my lawn!holy freaking shit.

Where have you been?

rated:
KayK said:   
Sanjoelo said:   Git off my lawn!
holy freaking shit.

Where have you been?

Same place I've always been! Just popped in when I got a "convert your Fatwallet cashback to ebates" email to see who was still around and was laughing at miserly's post. Still a few names I recognize! Hope you are all well!

rated:
<<<<BooM>>>> hey baby - thats what I'm talkin about.

rated:
miserly said:   miss the old FW with cashback! no more reason to come to FW anymore. and though i don't want to sound like an old fart, OT has changed and i don't see the regulars here anymore.
  It lost it's soul, the soul is dead.

rated:
FrugalFreaky said:   
miserly said:   miss the old FW with cashback! no more reason to come to FW anymore. and though i don't want to sound like an old fart, OT has changed and i don't see the regulars here anymore.
  It lost it's soul, the soul is dead.

Look who thinks he's the resident expert on the death of souls.  

Miracle Max :  It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do. 
Inigo Montoya : What's that? 
Miracle Max : Go through his clothes and look for loose change.  

rated:
HorB said:   Regulars come and go.  Except for me.  I'm not a frequent poster, but I've been here forever.

<---------------- Same here. Miss a lot of the old crowd, miss the smaller, and more informal, nature.

All things must change, they don't always change for the better.

rated:
kirbydog said:   
Kandykornhead said:   "everybody who will read this isn't worth it" threads always get a lot of traction.  

You mean when OT was bigger than hot deals and we had to get pushed off to fattopics.com?

rated:
I miss dial-up.

-No one ever

rated:
HorB said:   Regulars come and go.  Except for me.  I'm not a frequent poster, but I've been here forever.
  What HorB said....

rated:
mudley said:   
kirbydog said:   

You mean when OT was bigger than hot deals and we had to get pushed off to fattopics.com?

it's for sale, but $2000+ is too much

rated:
Sanjoelo said:   I miss dial-up.

-No one ever

matter of fact I do in a way, back then there was choice of dial up providers, now there is no real competition. most only have one wired broadband provider and it is locked  through franchising. 

rated:
It shall go the way of the dealmooch!

rated:
mudley said:   
kirbydog said:   

Fattopics @ Wayback Machine  Back when FW was still using FuseTalk

rated:
Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about this not being worth my time any longer.

rated:
It was much more fun around here when everyone else was nejb1 <ducks>

rated:
I came here for Free Stuff and got addicted to OT within a few months.
I'm a loyal sucker. I'll probably keep coming to OT til it goes to cyber heaven.
Good to see you, Sanjoelo.

rated:
People who don't post here show up to complain that people don't post here.

rated:
FrugalFreaky said:   

-No one ever

matter of fact I do in a way, back then there was choice of dial up providers, now there is no real competition. most only have one wired broadband provider and it is locked  through franchising. 

You're not wrong there. I do enjoy the fat pipe, though. 

rated:

-No one ever

I miss the sound. I miss the excitement of something that was new.

I don't miss the slow speed and that mom would pick up the phone and bye bye AOL.

rated:
scrouds said:   

-No one ever

I don't miss the slow speed and that mom would pick up the phone and bye bye AOL.

Seems like (at least for a short while), AOL would bill by the minute, too. Am I right? This was before they had the "XXX hours for only $9.99/mo" or "Unlimited for $X.XX/mo" diskettes and CD's in EVERYTHING. But that was slightly before FW's time anyway. But then, this is OT.

rated:
Sanjoelo said:   
scrouds said:   

-No one ever

But then, this is OT.

No.  THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Hey Sanjo, what's shakin'?

rated:
$9.95 / 5 hrs, $19.95 / 20 hrs plus $2.95/ hr extra.

http://www.cnet.com/news/aol-may-offer-unlimited-net-access/

rated:
scrouds said:   $9.95 / 5 hrs, $19.95 / 20 hrs plus $2.95/ hr extra.

At those rates, what would your current Internet usage cost?

rated:
carlaandolini said:   scrouds said:   $9.95 / 5 hrs, $19.95 / 20 hrs plus $2.95/ hr extra.

At those rates, what would your current Internet usage cost?

About $2.95/hr

rated:
MVP9596 said:   
Sanjoelo said:   
scrouds said:   

-No one ever

But then, this is OT.

Ah, there IS some old guard on the FW staff! Same old stuff, MVP. I like to pop in and see who's still around sometimes! Glad to see you here!

rated:

Sorry I'm not "regular".
/runs off to snack on some Metamucil and Fibre1 bars.

rated:

cow (524.76kB)
Disclaimer
Senturon said:   It shall go the way of the dealmooch!
  first rule of deal mooch is you don't talk about deal mooch

But thanks for reminding me of this, picked up dealmoocher.com, 

rated:
Sanjoelo said:   
MVP9596 said:   
Sanjoelo said:   
scrouds said:   

-No one ever

But then, this is OT.

Ah, there IS some old guard on the FW staff! Same old stuff, MVP. I like to pop in and see who's still around sometimes! Glad to see you here!

Who you callin' old?

rated:

Who you callin' old?

I'm in no position to call ANYONE old, trust me. <shakes fist, walks away with bones popping>

rated:
Sanjoelo said:   It was much more fun around here when everyone else was nejb1 <ducks>

She did share some wonderful pics....
( Bow, chicka, wow, wow)

rated:
Sanjoelo said:   

Who you callin' old?

I'm in no position to call ANYONE old, trust me. <shakes fist, walks away with bones popping>

Oh, now I get it, you're here for the hot deal on Metamucil and canes.

rated:
MVP9596 said:   Sanjoelo said:   

Who you callin' old?

Oh, now I get it, you're here for the hot deal on Metamucil and canes.

And Nokia 3565.. CRT TV

Skipping 24 Messages...
rated:
We are doomed.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016