Awesome price-comparison app (for Android)

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi folks,

I was actually contemplating writing my own price-comparison app for my wife and I, when I came across Price Cruncher (for Android):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.brainservice.pricecruncher.free 

This app is really slick. The unit conversion and bulk-packaging system is slick. For example, you can enter toilet paper as $28.99 for 30 rolls of 308 sheets per roll, and it automatically converts to a per-sheet price for comparison to other purchase options (at the same store, different stores, etc.). Man, I have wanted something like this for so long... I'm going nuts entering prices into this thing today. I can't wait to go shopping again!!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
If it did per square foot I would be more interested as the way toilet paper rolls from Costco vs Charmin are much different in width. Squares of toilet paper are not even square anymore. I prefer to compare price per 100 sq ft. It will blow your mind when you think you compare that way. BTW Costco rolls are 1-2" wider than Charmin.

dougtr said:   If it did per square foot I would be more interested as the way toilet paper rolls from Costco vs Charmin are much different in width. Squares of toilet paper are not even square anymore. I prefer to compare price per 100 sq ft. It will blow your mind when you think you compare that way. BTW Costco rolls are 1-2" wider than Charmin.
The app uses what units you tell it. I originally started with sqft for the same reason, but then switched to sheets because it was easier to enter. We only buy Charmin Ultra-Soft, so comparisons are apples-to-apples for us anyway.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017