Uber stories

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I took Uber twice last week; with the current promotion, it's as cheap as taking the bus. i do uber pool to keep those costs low and each way is $2.37. my first ride was a corolla.i rode alone in the morning but the ride in the afternoon was a tesla model s. we did pick up 2 more people and it ended taking longer than if i had taken the bus, but i got driven in a tesla for less than two fiddy.
the driver said he was trying to get a uber black license or medallion or belt buckle or whatever. but uber caps the number of medals they hand out so he has to wait. and while waiting, he's driving his tesla for schmucks like me. that reminds me, i need to ride lyft some so they can keep the pressure on uber to keep doing the promos!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
What kind of idiot buys a Tesla and then uses it for ubering? SMH

ETA: at that rate, he would need to do 586 days of work with 3 trips a day just to pay for the cheapest ($66,000) tesla S. Mom and dad must be paying for the electric bill.

miserly said:   need to ride lyft some so they can keep the pressure on uber to keep doing the promos!
Uber's already won via the "became a verb" test, like googling. Lyft tried to sell itself and couldnt find a buyer (maybe because they dont make money).

Both will fire all their drivers as soon as self driving cars show up.

MilleniumBuc said:   What kind of idiot buys a Tesla and then uses it for ubering? SMH

ETA: at that rate, he would need to do 586 days of work with 3 trips a day just to pay for the cheapest ($66,000) tesla S. Mom and dad must be paying for the electric bill.

Uber runs a lot of promos. They pay the drivers more than I do, just burning cash. Also they get bonuses for rides. I was told 100 rides in a week will result in $320 bonus.

This morning got picked up in a Mercedes M class.

kamalktk said:   miserly said:   need to ride lyft some so they can keep the pressure on uber to keep doing the promos!
Uber's already won via the "became a verb" test, like googling. Lyft tried to sell itself and couldnt find a buyer (maybe because they dont make money).

Both will fire all their drivers as soon as self driving cars show up.

So says Uber. Many drivers drive for both.

Uber is also expanding into other countries so they are leaving lyft behind.

Uber Lyft...sounds like some sort of radical plastic surgery.

I'm still virgin. I've never Ubered once.

burgerwars said:   I'm still virgin. I've never Ubered once.
  Same here. I'd rather be in a stinky taxi than in some joe's vehicle who is having a bad day and decides that I look like someone good to stab.

All my users have been with people less sketchy than the average cab driver. If it was the same price as a cab, I'd still Uber.

Some people do feel safer using uber.

I've never had an unfriendly Uber driver...plenty of rude cab drivers though.

Rude people live matters!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017