Using Caps Lock instead of Shift for uppercase

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I've seen two coworkers do that.. and I think it's so weird.

They press Caps Lock for even individual uppercase letters..
For example.. if they wanted to type Fatwallet, they would press Caps Lock, hit the F key.. hit Caps Lock again and then type atwallet

Anyone else do that?

I think using Shift key is so much easier..

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
YOU SHOULD POST THIS TIP OVER AT THE FOX NEWS COMMENTS SECTION (DO NOT USE THAT AVATAR THOUGH)

Maybe if I'm typing with one hand, but otherwise no. For individuals lacking an arm/hand/working fingers/etc., it makes sense.

bUrGeRwArS

burgerwars said:   Maybe if I'm typing with one hand, but otherwise no. For individuals lacking an arm/hand/working fingers/etc., it makes sense.

bUrGeRwArS

Both of them type with both their hands..one is in his mid 40's and other one is in mid 20's..

A clerk at my local Post Office presses one key, moves his hand away from the keyboard, looks for the next key, presses it, removes his hand from the keyboard... he's like the Sloth in Zootopia on downers.

weirdos. best not to associate with them! next thing they'll be hanging their jackets crookedly

sublimosa - does your software read all caps as shouting?

ganda said:   sublimosa - does your software read all caps as shouting?

Ganda, asking the important questions.

MVP9596 said:   

I'm just curious. When reading internet forums, is there a nice melodious voice then suddenly an I GET PAID $100 AN HOUR TO EAT CHEESE AT HOME spam message yelled out.

ganda said:   
MVP9596 said:   

I'm just curious. When reading internet forums, is there a nice melodious voice then suddenly an I GET PAID $100 AN HOUR TO EAT CHEESE AT HOME spam message yelled out.

If you can eat 50 pounds of cheese an hour, the government is looking for you! link

If Iam going letter by letter, caps are read in higher pitch, although that can be changed in preferences.

DDP (delayed double post)

ok too weird, not actually a double post
the answer is no, JAWS doesn't read all caps differently.

kamalktk said: If you can eat 50 pounds of cheese an hour, the government is looking for you! link

There used to be a govt surplus food program, blocks of cheese, butter and boxes of powdered milk were a big part of it. Not only did these dairy products go to food banks and to WIC and Food Stamp recipients, they also went to public schools and any nursing home that accepted Medicaid patients. I remember eating the cheese in school, they cut the American cheese blocks into 2 oz sticks, and served them alongside the celery and carrot sticks that were served with our slice of Ellio's pizza. They put it in the mac & cheese and potatoes au gratin. I worked many years in healthcare foodservice, in Medicaid accepting facilities. So, we got the cheese, butter and powdered milk. Mac & cheese, grilled cheese sammies (we had to slice the blocks of cheese), cheese strata, cheesy mac & beef, whatever we could make. We got the big cans of peanut butter too. Distribution to food banks, WIC and FS ended, but I was still under the impression that public schools and institutions receiving Medicaid continued receiving the surplus the govt buys up.  Apparently not, so now the USDA is buying it up and moving it to food banks & pantry's, rather than letting it go to waste.

Do they type with just their thumbs?

To each their own. Sometimes I use caps lock to type all caps, sometimes I hold shirt to type in all caps. Either way I write a lot in all caps.

scrouds said:   To each their own. Sometimes I use caps lock to type all caps, sometimes I hold shirt to type in all caps. Either way I write a lot in all caps.

heh heh

Well at least I didn't say I held shit

scrouds said:   Well at least I didn't say I held shit
  How did THAT get past the FW checker?

To each his own. Does it bother you that much?

possibly the same users who backspace to delete.

kirbydog said:   possibly the same users who backspace to delete.

Hey!

That's actually what I do. Not sure why I started using the Caps Lock over the Shift key. Just habit I guess.

(All capitalization provided courtesy of the Caps Lock).

sublimosa said:   kirbydog said:   possibly the same users who backspace to delete.

Hey!

Same Hey here. I do it too. What is the proper differentiation between the two? I use backspace to delete going backwards and 'delete' to delete characters in front (and weird characters snooping around my house too).

Guilty. I will arrow backspace to delete the other way.

I can still reprogram your smart toaster to burn everything so be nice to me.

KayK said:   
burgerwars said:   Maybe if I'm typing with one hand, but otherwise no. For individuals lacking an arm/hand/working fingers/etc., it makes sense.

bUrGeRwArS

Both of them type with both their hands..one is in his mid 40's and other one is in mid 20's..

I type with both hands, but I miss the shift key a lot and wind up hitting RETURN (Enter) instead.

Virgil27 said:   That's actually what I do. Not sure why I started using the Caps Lock over the Shift key. Just habit I guess.

Wierdo.

KayK said:   
Virgil27 said:   That's actually what I do. Not sure why I started using the Caps Lock over the Shift key. Just habit I guess.

Wierdo.

Well yeah, have you seen his desk?

Pics required

Ok, this is what I just read:
MVP said:
Well yeah, have you seen his d*ck?

Scrouds said:
Pics required

😵

The Desk of Awesome
Disclaimer
scrouds said:   Pics required

moonbeam said:   Ok, this is what I just read:
MVP said:
Well yeah, have you seen his d*ck?

Scrouds said:
Pics required

😵

What's so weirdo about Pop Bobble Heads.

I mean, I never heard of them until last weekend when my 6 year old told me about them at the store.

I thought it was going to be worse. A lot neater than my desk for sure.

I use both caps and the shift it's all the same to me.

El_Duderino  said:
  I  type with both hands, but I miss the shift key a lot and wind up hitting RETURN (Enter) instead.

I  type with both hands, but I hit the CAPS LOCK by error so often that I have disabled it on all my computers - started doing that several year ago and I don't miss that key.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017