Roomba + dog poop = dog poop everywhere

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Roomba creator responds to reports of poopocalypse : We see this a lot | Technology | The Guardian
Disclaimer
BAD ROOMBA!! NO!!

story 

eta: pic hint, it's a hand drawn diagram of a living room with labeled lines of poop all over

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Pro tip: don't have piles of dog shit sitting around your house and this won't be an issue. 😒

A woman on another forum I frequent said she couldn't have a Roomba because of her cat's vomit. 🤔 If your pet vomits so often that you need to arrange your life around it, maybe he needs a vet. 🤒😷

moonbeam said:   
A woman on another forum I frequent

I didn't know www.igenuinelybelievemycatlovesme.com/forums was still around!

I know it's easy to make jokes and everything but I know what it's like to care for a pet near the end of their lives, and you may not want to run a roomba when you're not home when you have a pet that you can't 100% know will always be able to hold it anymore.

moonbeam said:   Pro tip: don't have piles of dog shit sitting around your house and this won't be an issue. 😒

A woman on another forum I frequent said she couldn't have a Roomba because of her cat's vomit. 🤔 If your pet vomits so often that you need to arrange your life around it, maybe he needs a vet. 🤒😷

The Roomba people recommend that you don't schedule the Roomba to run when you're not there to check things, if you have a pet. The first guy set his Roomba to run in the early AM, and his puppy had never pooped on the floor before. He also could (or should) have crated the puppy during the night, which would have contained the poop to the floor of the crate. The second guy was an idiot, you'd think after the first incident, he'd stop scheduling the Roomba to run during the night. He (wrongly) thought that he'd be okay, since he took the dog out before retiring for the night, yet it happened again, twice! If the dog is having 'accidents' during the night, the dog needs to be crated for the night, or confined to a room with a puppy pee pad left on the floor. My nephew always crates his dogs at night, and when he's not home. My sister confined her dogs to a room, and set a puppy pee pad down, just in case. The dogs were trained to use the pad.

Pro tip 2: Don't schedule a Roomba to run when you are not awake or home, if you have a pet.

Pro tip 2: Crate or confine your dog to a room when you are not awake or home.

The first guy's story is on his Facebook page, and is pretty hilarious. And unlike guy #2 (no pun intended), he clearly won't run the Roomba on a schedule during the night.

scrouds said:   I know it's easy to make jokes and everything but I know what it's like to care for a pet near the end of their lives, and you may not want to run a roomba when you're not home when you have a pet that you can't 100% know will always be able to hold it anymore.

My sister had an old dog that suffered occasional incontinence, so she left puppy pee pads on the floor, for when she wasn't around. The Roomba folks say to not schedule a cleaning if you have a pet, and aren't able to be there. If they haven't already, they should put this in the instruction manual.

How bout screw all pets I mean we're Their pets anyways.

nanosoft said:   How bout screw all pets I mean we're Their pets anyways.
Did you just spend the weekend in your lab or something?

kamalktk said:   
nanosoft said:   How bout screw all pets I mean we're Their pets anyways.
Did you just spend the weekend in your lab or something?

No, I have a Bichon Frize

moonbeam said:   A woman on another forum I frequent said she couldn't have a Roomba because of her cat's vomit. 🤔 If your pet vomits so often that you need to arrange your life around it, maybe he needs a vet. 🤒😷

I would suspect that it the cat vomits frequently, that it is most likely from hairballs. 
The woman should at least brush the cat for a few minutes daily to keep this from repeatedly happening. 
Much cheaper to try first than getting a vet involved.

This is a sh*tty thread

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017