Beware the Lowe's labor day markups

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

lowes
Disclaimer
Every memorial day and labor day Lowe's marks up everything because they know their stores will be packed with people.  Several things ive been watching have seen prices go up in the past week.  I was at a Lowes today picking up an order when I saw this - it was $149, but they put a clearance tag on it for $199 lol.  Who would buy this knowing it was $50 cheaper last week?  Only fools shop at Lowes on labor day weekend.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I recommend against shopping at lowe'rs and home despot. From their plumbing pipes to their appliances, everything they sell is substandard quality.

It's more likely due to incompetence rather than some evil scheme.

ZenNUTS said:   It's more likely due to incompetence rather than some evil scheme.
No. Its some evil scheme. It's known as revenue management. And it's blown up from its traditional haunts of airlines and hotels. The science of maximizing revenue and getting the most cash for high demand periods.

again with the Lowe's hate

sublimosa said:   again with the Lowe's hate
Justified hate

This item was on clearance for $2.12 2 weeks ago nationwide at every Lowes store. Then about a week ago it went up to $2.67, now its $3. I guarantee a week after labor day itll be back at $2.12

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Pass-Seymour-Legrand-Single-Pole-Ivory-L...

Lowes blows

That's a new Lowe.

No Lowe prices over the Laborday weekend

Lowes is trying to rob people? Rob Lowes?

Many retailers mark up items a couple of weeks before holidays. It varies by state, but there are regulations that items have to be at a price for a certain amount of time before they can be marked down and listed as discount or sale priced.

I received the Lowes labor day paper a few days before it started.
They have driveway sealer in there.
In the ad it was about $6 higher than the online price I checked before the "sale" started.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017