My Android Died

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I tried to turn on my LG G4 this morning, and couldn't get it to work.  It's stuck in a loop when turning it on.  I tried everything. Taking the battery out, holding down the on and volume down buttons to hard reset it, etc.  Nothing worked.

I took it to the AT&T store where I bought it.  Mouth to mouthpiece resuscitation also did not work.  They gave up on it.  Since it's under warranty, they'll be mailing me a replacement phone.  It should arrive in a few days.  In the meantime, I stuck the SIM in a cheapo prepaid phone.  It took a larger SIM, but I had an adapter to make it fit.

No biggie.  I've been futzing too much on the internet with the other one.  A few days off the smartphone grid will be good for me. 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I'm waiting for the Google Pixel phones to come out.

My Moto G (2014 edition) is getting kinda old..

Obviously not the droid you were looking for.

happened to me twice. waiting to be done with it and go back to the note.

My Moto X 1st gen (2013) is showing its age. I am also looking to get a new one this year.

Heads turn when people see me using this phone.
Disclaimer
It's day two of using my POS AT&T GoPhone (model Z432). Forget about browsing Fatwallet, or much of anything with it. It's painful trying to read e-mail.  Keys so small even mice will have a hard time with them. My last two Androids I gave away, so I have nobody to blame but myself for this until my new phone arrives. I do have a phone provided by my work (an iPhone) but prefer to keep the Burgerwars news off of it.

mrs. miserly dropped her phone. she'll be getting the moto g4. i'm hoping to upgrade the kids to moto g play and i can get good deals during the holiday season. or the moto e. something that can run on ringplus and be useful on other networks when they go poof.

My backup is a windows mobile phone. I hope I don't have to use it.

enterkey said:   My Moto X 1st gen (2013) is showing its age. I am also looking to get a new one this year.

I was in the same boat with my Moto X.  A security update seemed to kill the battery.  It would be dead by noon, and I never could figure out the cause.  I was trying to wait for the new Moto Z to come out, but the battery life was so bad, I finally decided to get a new phone.  I chose the OnePlus 3.  I couldn't be happier with my choice.

On the LG G4 even if its off warranty check the online status and they likely still will receive it for repair (free). I've got one "in repair" right now, it was purchased used off eBay and warranty ended about a month before its no-boot death.

almost pulled trigger on moto x pure today for $250. picked up the moto g4 instead. g4 play may be in the cards for the kids this holiday season... we'll see.

DROID? is that a new tracfone? LOL

I blame all of life's problems on mobile zombies. They are the reason a notebook that was $600 few years ago, sells for  $1100 now. <Shouts>, <git off those dang phones <Shakes fist>

Will you consider the iPhone 7?

jennycoan said:   Will you consider the iPhone 7?

I still have a contract to pay off the phone, but not really. I do have a work issued iPhone 6. I prefer my Android hands down.

I'm back on the grid. My replacement phone arrived yesterday. It looks brand new, including a new battery. The last time I got a warranty replacement from AT&T (years ago) it was a refurbished model. No battery and no back cover that time.

I went through the restore. My contacts are back and I installed most of the apps I had before. It's reminding me of a software update. I do that later when I'm back home, when I have it plugged in and on WiFi. They're usually large downloads.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017