Shoprite - Offensive ad ?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Am I the only one finding this offensive ?

page 9, South Jersey:

CELEBRATE HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH
SAVE $3 INSTANTLY

12 items listed, various sizes of :

toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash & deodorant.

they just forgot the delousing shampoo to be even more insensitive.

I can't wait to see what they will come up with for Black History Month.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Don't be so offended all the time.

<< all the time >>
????

That's OK, I'm not Hispanic nor Black.

mikebeets said:   
I can't wait to see what they will come up with for Black History Month.

Let's check Wal-greens .... oh dear.

/limo: celebrate Black History Month with cotton balls.

//hey FW, the attach image seems to be broken as there is no button to proceed once you attach your image. (tested in Firefox and IE)

I looked at my DE ad, the products are all Colgate-Palmolive brand items, and it's in a box on the page, it appears to be a manufacturer promotion, something I see in many shopping ads. Unilever and General Mills do several of these throughout the year, and I've seen ones from Kraft and Kellogg's. I wouldn't make too much of it, Colgate-Palmolive only make and sell health and beauty aids. And I have seen promo's for Black History Month done by manufacturers.

<< hey FW, the attach image seems to be broken as there is no button to proceed once you attach your image >>

I second that.
I am trying to post a "great" picture

December 2012, on a pop-up ad:

"Who's been arrested ?". Just guess the race of the arrestee !!! 

<< the products are all Colgate-Palmolive brand items >>, but they advertised only personal hygiene products.
A bit of variety would have be good then:

<< Murphy's Oil Soap, laundry and dishwashing detergents, fabric conditioners, household cleaners, bleaches and other similar items. Pet Nutrition products,... >>

I think it's fine to be offended by those trying to profit off of something of that subject. I'd be offended if I was Hispanic. Then again, I think Blah Heritage month's are extremely stupid too. So whatever. Offended anyone?

On that note... Here's what a really offensive advertisement looks like:
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/off-topic/1526121

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc

I would buy the sale items but it's not yet time for my annual bath.

I say get rid of these stupid XXXX heritage month. It's pointless when vast portion of the population can't even tell you what is Aleppo.

ZenNUTS said:   I say get rid of these stupid XXXX heritage month.

Why do you hate vintage pron?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017