• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Based on the fact that there was an eviction notice taped to my door when I got home tonight.   Of course I've never paid my rent late and the notice had someone else's name and apartment number on it. I already fired off an e-mail to the managment office, letting them know I don't appreciate their carelessness. I don't appreciate being publicly embarrassed over someone else's unpaid bill and I don't appreciate being given the task of delivering the notice to the correct party. I'm just all around annoyed by this. 🔪

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
FW eviction!

rated:
They dont even know their own building?

rated:
moonbeam said:   Based on the fact that there was an eviction notice taped to my door when I got home tonight.   Of course I've never paid my rent late and the notice had someone else's name and apartment number on it. I already fired off an e-mail to the managment office, letting them know I don't appreciate their carelessness. I don't appreciate being publicly embarrassed over someone else's unpaid bill and I don't appreciate being given the task of delivering the notice to the correct party. I'm just all around annoyed by this. 🔪
  I'm all around annoyed on your behalf.  I wouldn't have delivered the notice to the intended party.  I'd have let the management do it and give the evictee another day or two.

rated:
Pay your bills deadbratc

rated:
justaskedonce said:   They dont even know their own building?
IKR? Funny thing is, the "door" it was taped on isn't even an apartment door. It's part of my apartment, but that door was sealed during a remodeling job many years ago. There's no apartment number and no door knob. 

rated:
The apartment manager called first thing this morning. She apologized profusely and told me someone from the court house or sheriff's office (can't remember which) delivers eviction notices. She was going to call in a complaint, as I'm sure they charge a substantial fee for this service and obviously didn't deliver. 

rated:
moonbeam said:   The apartment manager called first thing this morning. She apologized profusely and told me someone from the court house or sheriff's office (can't remember which) delivers eviction notices. She was going to call in a complaint, as I'm sure they charge a substantial fee for this service and obviously didn't deliver. 
  An employee of theirs should have gone with the sheriffs office or court house to make sure it was delivered to the right address.

rated:
emotional distress! Lawsuit!
Okay, not really, although once I came home to a paper taped to my front door which I had to go in and scan and have the OCR read it out to me and although there was no reason for me being evicted, it was the only thing I could think of that would be taped to my front door. So I suffered great emotional distress in the five minutes before I knew. It was a notice that some work was going to be done in the parking lot the next day and everyone had to move their cars out. Ugh.

rated:
I would have not said a thing, and when they tried to evict the person, you can come and save the day by telling everyone that the notice was posted to your undoor. Then you could have split half the money the deadbeat would have received for the illegal eviction.

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   I would have not said a thing, and when they tried to evict the person, you can come and save the day by telling everyone that the notice was posted to your undoor. Then you could have split half the money the deadbeat would have received for the illegal eviction.
Because the deadbeat is going to give you the money? I dont think you've thought this cunning plan through.

rated:
I've been in my townhouse for over a year now, and the one thing I don't miss is renting.

I'd have done what HorB posted. At least you got an apology from management, and they should get back at least part of the fee, if not all of it, for failure to deliver to the correct party. If it's the courthouse, it might have been a process server from there - why they would leave on an unmarked door is anyone's guess. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016