• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Just about 4 weeks ago we dropped off our European road trip rental Volvo in perfect shape, got a receipt and got billed to my Amex the same amount as in the receipt.
Yesterday I saw 29 Euro charge from Hertz Germany. Called Amex, they said they will take it off, no questions asked. Unless I want to know what it was all about, the dispute is closed. Otherwise I need to file a dispute form, they will investigate and it is take 4-6 weeks. I opted to get it taken off and all was well.
Until this afternoon when I got a rechnungangaben zur ordnungswidrigkeit from Hertz from Germany. It says 
im rahmen ihrer miete kam es zu einer ordnungswidrigkeit. gemaess unserer mietbedingungen wird ihnen fuer die bearbeitung einer ordnungswidrigkeit eine gebuer in rechnung gestellt, welche unabhaengig von der hoehe des bussgeldes ist. der betrag des bussgeld wird ihnen von dem zustaendigen ordungsamt separat zugestellt, oder durch hertz weiterbelastet
When I type it in Googletranslate it gives me
 as part of their rent , there was an administrative offense . rental conditions according to our them is provided for the processing of an administrative offense a gebuer in bill, which is independent of the amount of the fine . the amount of the fine will be sent to them separately from the competent ordungsamt , or passed on by hertz

Is this a traffic violation of some sort? I Googletranslated all the words and there is nothing that would tell me anything more. Apparently this happened Aug 10, it says festgestellt am 10/08/2016 - ausgestellt am 10/08/2016. Bill is 25 euros plus 4.75 fee. I would think any speeding ticket or other would be higher. It says it was billed to my Amex. 
What did I do?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Parking ticket?
Automated highway toll?

If you cant read german, then probably you were parked somewhere that had a variable parking time or such, or drove through a toll road, or a congestion management zone. Either way, it seems that it would be something that was tagged to the car by plate and linked to your rental. Ask for an explanation from Hertz if you want, but the rental contract probably addresses your responsibility with any tickets or tolls.

Reply "We won the war, remember? Auf wiedersehen."

($30? I'd just let it go, frankly. Who knows what you did? Global warming charge for excessive ausfahrt's whilst sightseeing?)

You didnt dance to Kraftwerk.

You insulted someone's weinerschnitzel.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016