• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
I know this belongs in the tech forum, but am intimidated to use that forum.
Hubby has an older nextbook 8.  Really hasn't loaded much of anything on it. Tried to add a game and it says not enough space. Added a 32 micro sd card, but stuff can't be transferred. Called the company and that model isn't really for gaming, just ebooks.

Anyway, we are looking for an android tablet (or if need be a notebook or laptop) that is a decent size....9 or 10 inches, that can handle his game (mobile strike, now being played on his android phone) and maybe another like my game (big fish's midnight castle).
Have found some models close to $200 thanks to cnet articles, but of course, am hoping to find something cheaper...$200 or $250 would be our max but cheaper would be fabulous.

No, am not asking for someone here to do the comparisons for us.

Biggest question: hubby thinks he needs 4g of RAM... and I think he is mistaken. 

PLEASE...will somebody who knows fill us in on what specs are truly needed just to easily play a couple of google play games?

thanks in advance

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
No, you don't need 4 gigs of ram in a tablet. I've been partial to the Fire tablets. I've had 2 of them, and bought the parents one for Christmas 2 years ago. I tend towards the smaller tablets, like their 7" because I use it mostly for reading with occasional browsing and light game playing. The one I got for my parents was the 10", and it seems to be a pretty solid tablet from my limited use of it.

Isn't FIRE Amazon's brand with monthly fee &/or Prime required?

I know you all are just shivering with anticipation.
Just ordered a Dragon Touch. (10.6" screen) tablet.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016