Most used kitchen appliance?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
In the market for a new kitchen appliance and was curious if anyone had any suggestions. I already have a crock pot and a cast iron skillet.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
My most used appliances is a microwave range hood fan combo unit.

Refrigerator.

kamalktk said:   Refrigerator.
  Yeah that thing is almost always on

kamalktk said:   Refrigerator.

You beat me to it. Mine's on 24/7.

It's not an appliance, but what I use a lot in the kitchen is the door to the garage.

My Instant Pot has changed my life. I use it three to four times a week.

Pressure cooker.  Can cook as fast as a microwave.  

Food processor -- doesn't have to be the biggest one.

Wouldn't what you want to cook dictate the appliance to buy?

I use an electric steamer a lot.

Fasttimes's Mom has a lot of Miles* on her

[/ducks]

*and Bob and George and Dave

1. espresso machine
2. rice cooker/steamer
3. Le Creuset French ovens (They aren't appliances, but neither is your skillet.)

I use the above items daily or close to it. 

Microwave.

What would you find useful? What kind of food do you prepare? Coffee lovers like their Keurig, bread lovers like their bread machine, those who enjoy rice swear by their rice steamer, busy families make frequent use of a slow cooker. Maybe you should just look through appliances on Amaz0n or another website, and see what draws your attention.

I use my bread machine a lot. With Fall arriving, my electric pressure cooker will get lots of use (great for cooking pulses/legumes). I have a Kitchen Aid mixer, and my food processor is actually a vintage La Machine by Moulinex, with all of the attachments (shredder/slicer, chopper, blender, dough mixer). Works great! Though not appliances, cast iron skillets are Handy, I have a vintage baby Griswold and a big Griswold with a wood handle, they belonged to my great aunt.

I plan on adding a decent rice cooker/steamer, the one I have now is really cr@ppy. Decide what you want, and ask folks for recommendations of what brand they use. A FW'er recommended my Zojirushi bread machine to me, when I asked. I've been very happy with it, and am thinking of Zojirushi for the rice cooker.

I have a Nuwave induction cooker that gets more use than anything else in the kitchen.  I'm really happy with it.

I picked up this convection oven a little more recently & it's slowly starting to replace my oven, but we're not quite there yet.

SweetClover said:   ...
I plan on adding a decent rice cooker/steamer, the one I have now is really cr@ppy. Decide what you want, and ask folks for recommendations of what brand they use. A FW'er recommended my Zojirushi bread machine to me, when I asked. I've been very happy with it, and am thinking of Zojirushi for the rice cooker.

I'm not sure what your budget for that is, but I have this Zojirushi NS-TSC18 Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer and it is pretty awesome... especially the warming features.

One time I made cinnamon/sugar rice that was way more than I could eat, and more than 36 hours later it was still hot & moist & delicious with no carmelization of the sugars

SweetClover said:   

I'm looking to upgrade my rice cooker/steamer and I'm considering that brand, too. My current one is a small, cheap Cuisinart one. I didn't expect to use it much, but I steam veggies in it nearly every day and it would be nice to have something that holds a bit more. 

moonbeam said:   
SweetClover said:   

I'm looking to upgrade my rice cooker/steamer and I'm considering that brand, too. My current one is a small, cheap Cuisinart one. I didn't expect to use it much, but I steam veggies in it nearly every day and it would be nice to have something that holds a bit more. 

Tiger is another brand I'm considering, that is a Japanese company. Make sure you buy a model manufactured in Japan for the best quality. My current one is a really cheap one, rice always sticks to the bottom of the pot, and it doesn't have a nonstick finish. I actually hate it. It's going to a thrift store once I buy something better.

potty by the pantry
Disclaimer
I recommend a kitchen toilet.  They are becoming quite popular for obvious reasons.

fridge
coffee maker
microwave range hood
outdoor grill or stove/oven(deoends on season)
under cabinet toaster oven
dishwasher

iPhone

For the purposes of this thread, what is an appliance?

Sharp RK-930 microwave-convection oven, a design 15+ years old that's still being sold, better than the ones made by L-G that are much smaller, despite having the same 1.5 cubic foot size rating
Disclaimer
brokenscrewdriver said:   Microwave.
  When room is limited, microwave-convection oven.  

ArbitraryChicken said:   I recommend a kitchen toilet.  They are becoming quite popular for obvious reasons.

That's just gross! 

ArbitraryChicken said:   I recommend a kitchen toilet.  They are becoming quite popular for obvious reasons.

Is that one of the old Chipotle kitchens before the forced remodel?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017