• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
He was from my hometown (Latrobe, PA) ... a year or two ahead of my grandmother in school. Our town was smaller in size (was officially 'Borough of Latrobe' most of my childhood and not made a city until around 1999) so when someone famous dies it's a weird sensation, whether you knew the person personally or not. Same was true when Fred Rogers died ... he was from Latrobe, too.

Wonder what will become of the airport and many other business ventures he had in the city ...

Arnold was an inspiration to many young golfers.  He will be missed.

My dad and I had a lemonade/iced tea in his honor.

Was just watching some golf videos on youtube the other day at my sister's place in FL. They live on a street named after Byron Nelson.. and that street is connected to two other streets.. one named after Jack Nicklaus and the other for Arnold Palmer

Xarelto didn't work for him.

Never much saw the draw of golf myself (except maybe mini-golf). You hit a ball as far away as you can and then you go chase it. At least in bowling, the ball comes back to you. To me, watching golf on TV was like watching paint dry. I actually can throw the golf balls farther than I could hit them.

He did seem like one heck of a nice guy though and I liked his Iced Tea & Lemonade Mix.
RIP Arnie

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016