Sites to resell stuff

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Originally I sold a lot of stuff on eBay, then a buyer screwed me over.  Thats when I found out eBay only cares about the buyers, the sellers have no rights and they will always side with the buyer, so I left.  I joined Amazon and have sold a lot of items without any issue.  But just now a buyer screwed me over, it was very obvious they were lying, but of course Amazon sided with the buyer and lectured me, when I did nothing wrong.  The buyer didnt respond to my emails, and was lying.

Anyway, are there other sites out there like Amazon, eBay, craigslist.  I really dont want to deal with craigslist.  I want a site where I can resell stuff and not have the buyer always be right.  Has anyone tried Alibaba?  I mean its just so outrageous these sites charge 20% to do nothing.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Start your own resell site.

If it's easy, everyone would do it. Is it really worth your while?

Luckily in my area we have multiple SwipSwap groups on facebook. Ive bought, sold, gotten free and sold (Made $110 on two items this last week).... You can create your own group with rules. How you go about getting word out IDK. Its much nicer than craigslist ...the ability to communicate and know who you are dealing with. If you want to restrict type of listings or area, you can.  There is also offerupnow site.  

Slick29832 said:   Originally I sold a lot of stuff on eBay, then a buyer screwed me over.  Thats when I found out eBay only cares about the buyers, the sellers have no rights and they will always side with the buyer, so I left.  I joined Amazon and have sold a lot of items without any issue.  But just now a buyer screwed me over, it was very obvious they were lying, but of course Amazon sided with the buyer and lectured me, when I did nothing wrong.  The buyer didnt respond to my emails, and was lying.

Anyway, are there other sites out there like AmazoneBay, craigslist.  I really dont want to deal with craigslist.  I want a site where I can resell stuff and not have the buyer always be right.  Has anyone tried Alibaba?  I mean its just so outrageous these sites charge 20% to do nothing.

I haven't sold anything on any site in a very long time, but I am addicted to eBay & Alibaba.  I make my own jewelry and sell it at craft shows, so I use both sites on a regular basis.  I've never been screwed over on Alibaba, but I have been on eBay, and you are right, eBay sided w/ the seller.  I gave negative feedback and it was pretty cruel.  The seller sent me a message trying to bribe me for $5 to change my feedback, but he / she technically owed me $12 but I told them I'd change it for $10.  They refunded my PayPal & I amended my feedback.  

Ever try Etsy?   

so you are pissed that you'll have to pay 20% off of whatever you get for the pegboards you got for less than nothing?
You poor soul.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017