Fall leaves michigan

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Will be in Michigan next week. Want to make a drive out of a day out from Grand Rapids. Any advice any roads to hit? I'll chase the leaves into Canada if need be

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
I usually use this link to see how the leafys are doing.
Foliage Network 

Just poke around in it to find what you need.

(You might be too early right now.)

I hear the roads around Detroit are scenic.

Michigan should ask fall nicely to come back.

atikovi said:   I hear the roads around Detroit are scenic.
  Not as nice as those around Chernobyl.

Dovetonsils said:   I usually use this link to see how the leafys are doing.
Foliage Network 

Just poke around in it to find what you need.

(You might be too early right now.)

Thanks. Like I mentioned I don't have an issue driving into Canada, Ontario parks says some parks nearby are at 50% and I have a week to go.

Dates are fixed no matter what have a wedding to go to and everything is booked

The few times I've driven Michigan it was flat as a pancake. Fall colors aren't half as nice without mountains in the background. Maybe if you loop into Canada and come back the way of upstate NY NH or VT you'll see much nicer views.

atikovi said:   The few times I've driven Michigan it was flat as a pancake.
Keep talking like that and I'll get Tim Allen to show you a piece of "Pure Michigan"...

Too early for fall colors

Not sure where you're going in Michigan but Northern WI has some fantastic fall scenery complete with rolling bluffs and beautiful rock faces!

Stop and ask the locals. That's yer best bet... (cue banjo music... (yes I know it's Michigan...))

st4rdust said:   Not sure where you're going in Michigan but Northern WI has some fantastic fall scenery complete with rolling bluffs and beautiful rock faces!
Grand Rapids, but I don't have an issue driving north.

I'm a little bit worried whether this will happen or not. I may not get out of Florida Thursday afternoon due to the hurricane.

Our leaves have not changed yet here in Ann Arbor. Mostly they change up north first because its cooler there.

Sprintx said:   Our leaves have not changed yet here in Ann Arbor. Mostly they change up north first because its cooler there.
Then I will go where the leaves are. Thanks.

If my plane takes off. Moved the flight earlier tomorrow, should be out of Florida before the wind and rain picks up too hard

I'm calling this as a failure. It's cloudy and rainy all the way up into Ontario not worth continuing. Oh well. At least I made it up here

I'm calling this as a failure. It's cloudy and rainy all the way up into Ontario not worth continuing. Oh well. At least I made it up here

Rainy day. Kalamazoo. Bell's.

Fall, leaves Michigan

Fall leaves, Michigan

Fall leaves Michigan, Winter arrives

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017