• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
ain't got nothing on in n out. i did like the crispy crinkle cut fries, but in n out double double is still the gold standard.
the bun was weird at shake shack. and that sauce was nothing to write home about.
they can come to california, but it's going to be tough to be in n out.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Agreed, I find Shake Shack disappointing compared to In N Out. Shake Shack's shakes are pretty bad, which is a sin like Buffalo Wild Wings' crappy wings.

rated:
I had in n out when KKH in Texas!!. It was good. Reminded me of 5 guys which we have in Fargo and Bismarck. How can you screw up a shake? Ice cream and milk makes a pretty good shake, I would think the test kitchens of a place called Shake Shack would know some tricks to make it even better.

rated:
You'd think Shake Shack would make outstanding shakes, but no. Shameful. The best chain shakes are Grub Burger IMO. But the best shake is the chocolate malt at a dairy ~30 miles from me

eta: dammit, I might have to take a long drive at lunchtime now.

rated:
I've never ate at Shake Shack. None in my area. I've not been to an In-n-Out in a couple weeks. I've been slackin. I did just go to Five Guys. A double bacon cheeseburger with everything. Sooooo good.

rated:
Shake shack was Meh. I'd choose steak and shake over shake shack.

rated:
BW - for the love of god get the tomato out of that bacon cheeseburger! "and I'll have a tomato burger please" said nobody, ever.

rated:
ganda said:   BW - for the love of god get the tomato out of that bacon cheeseburger! "and I'll have a tomato burger please" said nobody, ever.
  I see this as BW realizing he needs to eat his weekly vegetable and wondering how best to disguise it.

rated:
Tomato bacon burger explanation: I was lazy. When I ordered they asked which of the sides I wanted in my burger. I looked at the choices and tried to rattle everything off. I did forget mushrooms but I think I picked the rest.

rated:
Tomato bacon burger explanation: I was lazy. When I ordered they asked which of the sides I wanted in my burger. I looked at the choices and tried to rattle everything off. I did forget mushrooms but I think I picked the rest.

rated:
ganda said:   BW - for the love of god get the tomato out of that bacon cheeseburger! "and I'll have a tomato burger please" said sublimosa, every time.
Corrected!
 

  
I did have a burger from BK last Saturday, I forget the name, had bacon, cheese onions and A1 sauce, no tomato. It was okay, except for the A1 sauce, that was way overpowering.
A cheeseburger without tomato is acceptable, but a no-cheese-burger absolutely requires tomato and onion and ketchup.

rated:
sublimosa said:   
ganda said:   BW - for the love of god get the tomato out of that bacon cheeseburger! "and I'll have a tomato burger please" said sublimosa, every time.
Corrected!

  
I did have a burger from BK last Saturday, I forget the name, had bacon, cheese onions and A1 sauce, no tomato. It was okay, except for the A1 sauce, that was way overpowering.
A cheeseburger without tomato is acceptable, but a no-cheese-burger absolutely requires tomato and onion and ketchup.
 

  
I would deny your order

In case you're not aware ketchup is made from tomatoes. You don't have to have a jiggly slice of congealed Satan's spawn on your burger to get tomato.

I am having prime house burgers for dinner tonight, ketchup but no tomato slices, bacon & cheese, toasted buttered brioche buns, a hint of mustard, and a little lettuce allowed. 

rated:
Catsup... ketchup... catsup.... ketchup? Smithers!

rated:
ganda said:   
sublimosa said:   
ganda said:   BW - for the love of god get the tomato out of that bacon cheeseburger! "and I'll have a tomato burger please" said sublimosa, every time.
Corrected!

  
I did have a burger from BK last Saturday, I forget the name, had bacon, cheese onions and A1 sauce, no tomato. It was okay, except for the A1 sauce, that was way overpowering.
A cheeseburger without tomato is acceptable, but a no-cheese-burger absolutely requires tomato and onion and ketchup.

  
I would deny your order

In case you're not aware ketchup is made from tomatoes. You don't have to have a jiggly slice of congealed Satan's spawn on your burger to get tomato.

I am having prime house burgers for dinner tonight, ketchup but no tomato slices, bacon & cheese, toasted buttered brioche buns, a hint of mustard, and a little lettuce allowed. 
 

  
No lettuce on my burgers. It just is a flavor barrier.  Lettuce not prefered in most of my subs. Some lettuce okay in wraps (mmmm-mm, chicken caesar wraps from Wegmans!). Please do not heat the sub/burger/sandwich with the lettuce already in it! Nothing more disgusting than wilty gucky lettuce.
+1 for "hint of mustard". I trust you are using good mustard, not that disgusting bright yellow crap.

rated:
sublimosa said:   
ganda said:   
sublimosa said:   
ganda said:   BW - for the love of god get the tomato out of that bacon cheeseburger! "and I'll have a tomato burger please" said sublimosa, every time.
Corrected!

  
I did have a burger from BK last Saturday, I forget the name, had bacon, cheese onions and A1 sauce, no tomato. It was okay, except for the A1 sauce, that was way overpowering.
A cheeseburger without tomato is acceptable, but a no-cheese-burger absolutely requires tomato and onion and ketchup.

  
I would deny your order

In case you're not aware ketchup is made from tomatoes. You don't have to have a jiggly slice of congealed Satan's spawn on your burger to get tomato.

I am having prime house burgers for dinner tonight, ketchup but no tomato slices, bacon & cheese, toasted buttered brioche buns, a hint of mustard, and a little lettuce allowed. 

  
No lettuce on my burgers. It just is a flavor barrier.  Lettuce not prefered in most of my subs. Some lettuce okay in wraps (mmmm-mm, chicken caesar wraps from Wegmans!). Please do not heat the sub/burger/sandwich with the lettuce already in it! Nothing more disgusting than wilty gucky lettuce.
+1 for "hint of mustard". I trust you are using good mustard, not that disgusting bright yellow crap.

  
It was bright yellow crap, they were bacon cheeseburgers not the Queen of England's banquet dinner [mockingly raises pinkie finger]

rated:
ganda said:   BW - for the love of god get the tomato out of that bacon cheeseburger! "and I'll have a tomato burger please" said nobody, ever.

You're dead wrong. Lettuce onion pickle tomato or bust

rated:
scrouds said:   
ganda said:   BW - for the love of god get the tomato out of that bacon cheeseburger! "and I'll have a tomato burger please" said nobody, ever.

You're dead wrong. Lettuce onion pickle tomato or bust
 

  

NO PICKLE!!!!!
Aaaargh! So close!

rated:
sublimosa said:   scrouds said:   
ganda said:   BW - for the love of god get the tomato out of that bacon cheeseburger! "and I'll have a tomato burger please" said nobody, ever.

You're dead wrong. Lettuce onion pickle tomato or bust
 

  

NO PICKLE!!!!!
Aaaargh! So close!

Get out.

GET OUT.

pickles are the best

rated:
sublimosa said: NO PICKLE!!!!!
Aaaargh! So close!


<-------------------- I'm with limo, NO pickles, evah!  

rated:
SweetClover said:   sublimosa said: NO PICKLE!!!!!
Aaaargh! So close!


<-------------------- I'm with limo, NO pickles, evah!  




rated:
Nope, pickles by themselves are okay, just don't put them on my sammiches!
Preferably, in spear form on the plate beside my sammich.

rated:
My name is Burgerwars and I approve this burger discussion.

rated:
sublimosa said:   Nope, pickles by themselves are okay, just don't put them on my sammiches!
Preferably, in spear form on the plate beside my sammich.

  
Served with a sammie, yes. Served in a sammie, no. A nice, fat, crunchy, deli pickle on the side? Win.

There is one exception, the classic grilled Cuban Sandwich requires the addition of pickle slices.

I don't even like the added pickles in my Chik-Fil-A sandwich, I remove them before eating.

rated:
I see the anti-pickle sentiment is running high.  It's only a matter of time before someone proposes building a wall (of fries) to keep the burger and pickle forever apart.   Mankind has truly lost its way 

rated:
Pickles are worse than my puns!

rated:
I am deeply saddened by what I now know about some FWOT people.

The great FWOT pickle schism will not soon be forgotten.

rated:
Well that flushed out all the dilltards.

rated:
scrouds said:   I am deeply saddened by what I now know about some FWOT people.

The great FWOT pickle schism will not soon be forgotten.

  Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you! 

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   
scrouds said:   I am deeply saddened by what I now know about some FWOT people.

The great FWOT pickle schism will not soon be forgotten.

  Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you! 

  As long as the Shuvs and Zuuls are served without pickles, we're good.

rated:
scrouds said:   I am deeply saddened by what I now know about some FWOT people.

The great FWOT pickle schism will not soon be forgotten.

 
Oh go have a gherkin!

rated:
do we need to call a pickle summit? im not sure the UN can handle this...

rated:
There used to be a Shake Shack about a mile from my house. It closed down like 7 years ago or so. I think the building is still empty.  Now there's too many burger places.  In a new shopping center there's an In-N-Out, Red Robin, and a Whataburger is going in.  Across the way from this shopping center is another shopping with a 5 guys and several other places that sell hamburgers (BJs, Chilis, and another place 54 something or another).  I don't know if it's possible to have too many burger places but we'll find out when they start going out of business.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017