Help me find a replacement wallet same as my existing

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:

with insert in
Disclaimer

wallet
Disclaimer
So I figure that the FWF crowd is as good as any to discuss wallets.  My wallet is finally on its last legs and I really don't want to give it up because I like its utility.

However, I have been unable to find a wallet with a similar form factor.  

Hoping someone knows where I might be able to get something similar.

I've attached 3 pictures.
It is a bifold leather wallet (from Levis)

The left hand side has a clear window for a license, and the right hand side has a pocket to hold several cards.
Additionally, a plastic insert to hold multiple cards slides into the right hand side.

When closed the wallet measures approximately 3.75" H x 3.5" W

Anyone know where I can find something almost identical?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
BenH said:   So I figure that the FWF crowd is as good as any to discuss wallets.
Posts in OT....

Do a search for L-fold mens wallets. Back in the day you could purchase the flippy of plastic windows separately but I'm not sure if that is the case any longer.

Does it need to have the moth holes and dust when bought new? It looks seldom opened, do you have deep pockets and shorts arms?

ganda said:   Does it need to have the moth holes and dust when bought new? It looks seldom opened, do you have deep pockets and shorts arms?
  
You need to have your vision checked if you think it looks seldom used.  I don't think there is a cure for lack of wit - but you can ask your doctor.

kirbydog said:   Do a search for L-fold mens wallets. Back in the day you could purchase the flippy of plastic windows separately but I'm not sure if that is the case any longer.
  
Yes the card/photo insert can be purchased separately...I've gone through at least 4-6 or so over the past 10-15+ years I've used this wallet.
What is important is that the side section has a place to slip it into, as not all do.

One of the things about this wallet that makes it a bit more unique to the mass of those similar ones is that it is almost square.  There are some similar in most other respects (but not exactly) that are significantly wider than they are high.  So, for instance the license sits in the opened up wallet with your picture to the same orientation that George Washington's would be on your bills.
In my wallet, the license sits sideways, giving it what I feel is a shorter profile.

BenH said:   
ganda said:   Does it need to have the moth holes and dust when bought new? It looks seldom opened, do you have deep pockets and shorts arms?
  
You need to have your vision checked if you think it looks seldom used.  I don't think there is a cure for lack of wit - but you can ask your doctor.
 

  
Aaaaah! You've dissed one of the few masters of wit still remaining on FWOT, and that after calling us FWF or perhaps, inviting FWF to cross forums!
Must avert my eyes from the horror that must inevitably be visited upon you!

sublimosa said:   
Aaaaah! You've dissed one of the few masters of wit still remaining on FWOT, and that after calling us FWF or perhaps, inviting FWF to cross forums!
Must avert my eyes from the horror that must inevitably be visited upon you!


You do know that OT means OT from the other forums... not that you should go OT from the OP, right? 

In all seriousness, this thread did help me help myself. After explaining in my previous post how my wallet is structured, I realized the key was stating how my ID was positioned vertically.
This led me to actually search for "vertical bifold wallet" and one of the first hits was this /r post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EDC/comments/2j1hw1/wallet_suggestions_...

Which pretty much echoes my sentiments exactly.  The advantage of my type of wallet is that it has the slim Height X Width factor of a trifold, but it is missing the extra fold thus providing a slimmer appearance (less depth).

Like the /r author states, having the cards remove vertically from the wallet as well is a defining feature of this wallet type and it is also accurate that it is very difficult to find this type of wallet and the majority of the few that are found tend to be in the $150+ price range.

After much searching I found a couple that I thought matched up in the < $30 range but each one had an issue (one was brown only, the other actually didn't store bills in an upper pocket, but rather was meant to stuff them folded behind the ID).  Finally, I came upon this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Ikepod-Colours-Leather-Blocking-Stitching...

I was hoping to find something for half the price, but I realize that my preference (to stick with almost exactly what I have) means there are very slim pickings.  I'm pretty sure I've been using this wallet of mine for at least 12 years, and honestly it may be closer to 20.  So, $40 for another one that hopefully lasts that long is nothing.  Just placed the order as I have free returns with Prime in case I don't like it.

As usual, thanks for being a sounding board FW!

sublimosa said:   
BenH said:   
ganda said:   Does it need to have the moth holes and dust when bought new? It looks seldom opened, do you have deep pockets and shorts arms?
  
You need to have your vision checked if you think it looks seldom used.  I don't think there is a cure for lack of wit - but you can ask your doctor.

  
wit still remaining
 

  
My wife thinks I'm full of wit, at least I think that's what she yells at me.


Mens Slim Front Pocket Wallet Carbon Fiber Bifold Wallet Durable RFID Blocking at Amazon Men s Clothing store:
Disclaimer

Mens Slim Front Pocket Wallet Carbon Fiber Bifold Wallet Durable RFID Blocking at Amazon Men s Clothing store:
Disclaimer

Mens Slim Front Pocket Wallet Carbon Fiber Bifold Wallet Durable RFID Blocking at Amazon Men s Clothing store:
Disclaimer
Hi friend,

We have a Slim bi-fold Wallet with ID window and several card slots, also with 2 comparents for cash or bill, and also the price is under USD20 and in top quality.
Here is the link for your reference: https://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Wallet-Carbon-Durable-Blocking/dp/B01IT6IZ4Y 
You can got it on Amazon

Do you like the Bi-fold Wallet which I recommended to you?

RFID blocking? Does it block my mind reading power?

Marshalls or Ross usually has them cheap.

ZenNUTS said:   RFID blocking? Does it block my mind reading power?
  Might help shield your junk from your cellphone when both are in your pocket.

Have you tried contacting Levi's?

Is this where the convergence of FWF and OT will occur? This could be almost as interesting as the election.
Interesting that our friend from Amazon land came in with a similar but non-vertical wallet.




Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017