• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So I get this email that I'm sure many of you have already seen:Information about a New Terabyte
Internet Data Usage Plan

We’re writing to let you know that we will be activating a new XFINITY Internet Data Usage Plan in your area. Effective November 1, 2016, your XFINITY Internet service will include one terabyte (that’s 1,024 GB) of data usage per month. With a terabyte of data you can stream between 600 and 700 hours of HD video, play more than 12,000 hours of online games, or download 60,000 high-res photos in a month.

For the past three months, your average data usage was only
188 GB. Based on your usage history, you can still stream, surf, game, download and do whatever you want to do online, worry free.

One terabyte is a massive amount of data – less than 1% of our customers use that amount in a month. However, we still want to make sure you understand your options and choose the Data Usage Plan that works best for you. If you believe you will need more data, an Unlimited Data option is available. Our data plans are based on a principle of fairness. Those who use more Internet data, pay more. And those who use less Internet data, pay less.

One Terabyte Plan and Unlimited Data option:
One Terabyte (TB) included/month If one TB is exceeded, $10 is charged for each additional data block of up to 50 GB/month $200 overage charge limit - no matter how much data is used
Unlimited Data Additional $50/month No overage charges — no matter how much data is used each month

You can also track and manage your usage so there are never any surprises about how much data you use. Here are a few tools you can use:

• Data Usage meter – Monitor how much data your household has used with our Data Usage Meter.
  • Data Usage Estimator - Estimate your data usage with our
    Estimator Tool. Simply enter how your household typically uses the Internet and the tool will estimate your monthly data usage.
  • Notifications - If you approach, reach or exceed one terabyte of data usage, we will send you a courtesy "in-browser" notice as well as an email. You can also elect to receive notifications at specific usage thresholds and set up mobile text notifications. Learn more about notifications here. Usage notifications will not be sent to customers who enroll in the Unlimited Data option.

For the less than 1% of customers who do exceed one terabyte of data usage, we’re offering two courtesy months, so customers will not be charged the first two times they exceed one terabyte while they are getting comfortable with the new plan.

If you have any questions about the new Data Usage Plan, please visit http://dataplan.xfinity.com/ or call us at 1-877-807-6581 between the hours of 6 AM - 2 AM EST.

Thank you for being an XFINITY Internet customer.

Sincerely,

Hank Fore
Regional Senior Vice President of Comcast's California Region 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Someone's doing the groundwork for 4K streaming...

A terabyte is quite a lot, although I downloaded a 1.1TB torrent a few months ago, and I've had time to watch about 0.1% of it so far

rated:
I got that email too. I think it's reasonable.

rated:
Just FYI: Your post title says 1 GB data caps. Shouldn't it be 1 TB per the email you posted?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016