• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
link

I found fact #5 most interesting.† I didn't realize some of these other celebrities were Filipino American.† They forgot about T.J. Perkins, the current CruiserWeight Champion on WWE RAW.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
To save everyone some time:

Charice is not Filipino American, she's Filipino.

rated:
who?

rated:
What about Lou Diamond Filips?

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   What about Lou Diamond Filips?
††
The funny thing about Lou Diamond Philips is that he's never actually got to portray a Filipino on the big screen.† I think he usually does Mexican characters.

rated:
Yeah.. so about that fact # 5.

Direct quote from site: 5. With such a large population in the U.S., itís no surprise that Filipino-Americans have taken on celebrity status. The list includes Manny Pacquiao, Bruno Mars, Enrique Iglesias, Shay Mitchell, Rob Schneider, APL.DE.AP of the Black Eyed Peas, Cheryl Burke, Hailee Steinfeld and Steve McQueen.

Manny Pacquiao (he's not American at all. He's 100% Filipino.)
Bruno Mars (He was born in Hawaii. His father is of half Puerto Rican and half Ashkenazi Jewish descent, and is originally from Brooklyn, New York.[4][5] His mother emigrated from the Philippines to Hawaii as a child, and was of Filipino and Spanish ancestry.)
Enrique Iglesias (Born in spain to Spanish father and Filipina socialite)
Shay Mitchell (She's canadian.. not American. Father is of Scottish and Irish descent. Mother is Filipina.)
Rob Schneider (1/4th Filipino. "Schneider's maternal grandmother was a Filipina who met and married his grandfather, a white American army private, while he was stationed in the Philippines."
APL.DE.AP of the Black Eyed Peas (Born in Philippines. His African American father, an airman stationed at Clark Air Base, left the family shortly after his birth; his Filipino mother, Cristina Pineda, raised him and his six younger siblings as a single mother.)
Cheryl Burke (unknown)
Hailee Steinfeld (Steinfeld's father is Jewish.[9] Her maternal grandfather was of half Filipino and half African-American descent.)
Steve McQueen (unknown)

So between those 7 celebrities who's background is known, you have a total of 2 1/8 Filipinos.

ETA: My mistake. It's 1 3/4th Filipinos in the list of 7. I counted Shay Mitchell as half American-Filipino in my initial count.
ETA2: 1 3/4 is exactly 25% of 7. So only 25% (combined ancestries) of the 7 alleged "Filipino-American) is actually Filipino.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016