Did you fall for this spam ?

Archived From: Off Topic
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
looked like a really convincing message:

حدث ذلك مرة أخرى، بناء على طلب من الأمير الوليد بن طلال التبرع للمؤسسات الخيرية هو الوليد بن
Talal.The العرود $ 5.000.000 كان من بين آلاف الناس عشوائياً البحث Web.You العالم واسعة يرجى
إرسال: الاسم الكامل. عنوان المنزل. رقم الهاتف

----------------
even in translation, that looked attractive:

It happened again, at the request of Prince Alwaleed bin Talal donated to charities is Alwaleed bin 
Talal.The aroud $ 5,000,000 was among thousands of people randomly search Web.You world wide please 
Send: Full name. Home Address. Telephone number 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
Strangers always want to help you.and never have ulterior motives.

Is spam Halal?

george2001 said:   Is spam Halal?
  Hello.  I am OT's resident expert on Hormel's precooked canned meat product, SPAM, and also the OTRE on religious dietary restrictions.  Contrary to popular belief, SPAM isn't some mystery meat that they swept up off the floor at Hormel.  It's pork shoulder that they swept up off the floor at Hormel.  Those who adhere strictly to the dietary restrictions of the Islamic faith don't eat swine (just like Jews, and Jules from Pulp Fiction).  

This thread is Halal.

They mention something about Talal.

Close enough for me

Kandykornhead said:   george2001 said:   Is spam Halal?
  Hello.  I am OT's resident expert on Hormel's precooked canned meat product, SPAM, and also the OTRE on religious dietary restrictions.  Contrary to popular belief, SPAM isn't some mystery meat that they swept up off the floor at Hormel.  It's pork shoulder that they swept up off the floor at Hormel.  Those who adhere strictly to the dietary restrictions of the Islamic faith don't eat swine (just like Jews, and Jules from Pulp Fiction).  

It's a specific part? I always figured it was a whatever's left thing, like hot dogs.

/ chili dogs with onions ftw

Halal spam

Spiced Turkey Luncheon Meat
Disclaimer
Hormel actually makes turkey Spam, it is not halal, though. To be halal, the slaughterer must follow a specific ritual, including reciting a blessing.

I occasionally shopped in a Muslim-owned business when I lived in Newark, DE. Great place for buying affordable Turkish Delight and Medjool Dates. Saw canned, spiced, turkey luncheon meat, that resembled halal Spam. I had the Hormel Turkey Spam, and disliked it. The halal Spam knock-off was pretty decent. I sliced it, browned the slices in a skillet, and made a 'halal "Spam"' sammie. It was Ziyad brand, made in the USA. Tasted very similar to the pork-based Spam.

Halal food is available at my local ShopRite supermarket, including fresh meat. There's a Kosher and a Hispanic section too. The packages of fresh chicken feet piled on a tray, look strange, as do the ones with pigs feet. It's a melting pot, where I live.

SweetClover said:   The packages of .... pigs feet. 
The first time we saw pickled pig feet at WM, we knew we were finally out of Philadelphia.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017