• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Clouds permitting of course. Just a heads up

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
thanks for the info!!

rated:
nm

rated:
Good time to prank the unsuspecting and let them know that there is a Mayan prediction about the bright light in the Sky will bring doom to the great eagle.

rated:
7:40 tonight (10/17)

rated:
Sweet! I missed this thread yesterday I guess.. but good thing it got delayed. My deck has a south facing view.. so I'll have my camera ready.

Here's an image for those on northeast on when to expect to see it: http://www.space.com/images/i/000/059/067/original/orbital-atk-oa-5-visibility-first-sighting.jpg

rated:
Hopefully I can see this tonight.

rated:

rated:
It was live from my deck too. Neat

rated:
Didn't see it in NYC suburb 
However, watched live online as tried to catch it from my front yard.

rated:
Didnt see a thing from deck. Had my camera ready too.. on a tripod!

Was a clear night too. It been close to full moon might have blocked some light.

rated:
The Mayans were wrong.
ETA: Again.

rated:
Night launches are the best launches.

rated:
Antares isn't all that big. Falcon 9 carries more. Used to be able to see a shuttle. Nothing like the shuttle though. Could see one of those launch in daytime 50 miles away.

rated:
scrouds said:   Antares isn't all that big.

But if your 8 year old is studying space at a school, watching a rocket leave the pad on TV, then stepping outside to watch it reach orbit is pretty cool

rated:
ganda said:   scrouds said:   Antares isn't all that big.

But if your 8 year old is studying space at a school, watching a rocket leave the pad on TV, then stepping outside to watch it reach orbit is pretty cool

You know what's even cooler. Being close enough to feel the rumble. I totally get it, I try to take in as many launches as possible and get as close as possible.

rated:
scrouds said:   
ganda said:   

You know what's even cooler. Being close enough to feel the rumble. I totally get it, I try to take in as many launches as possible and get as close as possible.

It's on my to do list, I've been in the area several times, just not at the right time. The Saturn V at the KSC gives me shivers every time I walk under it. I would have loved to have worked on something like that [/nerd]

eta: I turned down a weapons missile job because I didn't want to be partially responsible for killing people

rated:
Blue Origin is hiring... I'm tempted.

rated:
ganda said:   scrouds said:   
ganda said:   

It's on my to do list, I've been in the area several times, just not at the right time. The Saturn V at the KSC gives me shivers every time I walk under it. I would have loved to have worked on something like that [/nerd]

eta: I turned down a weapons missile job because I didn't want to be partially responsible for killing people

I heard they do tours now inside the vac. I need to get my ass over there.

rated:
scrouds said:   ganda said:   scrouds said:   
ganda said:   

Get your ass to Mars.

rated:
kamalktk said:   scrouds said:   ganda said:   scrouds said:   
ganda said:   

Get your ass to Mars.

I tried lighting my farts on fire but it didn't give me enough lift.

rated:
scrouds said:   
kamalktk said:   
scrouds said:   
ganda said:   
scrouds said:   
ganda said:   

Get your ass to Mars.

I tried lighting my farts on fire but it didn't give me enough lift.

Heavy Lift Vehicle.

rated:
Need more beans.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016