• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
First Look at the Nintendo Switch

It looks like that the Wii U was trying to be. 

Or what the Vita was trying to do with the PlayStation TV.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:

rated:
I've been waiting for this. It doesn't look like what I wanted from Nintendo

Mobile means low performance to me, I wanted a Nintendo console with some grunt and 4K output. I have a Wii and an XBox One, and use the Wii 95% of the time because I prefer the games. I wanted 4K Mario Kart, or maybe even Mario Kart with VR headsets!

Meh.

rated:

rated:
ganda said:   
Mobile means low performance to me

Generally thats true. Im still optimistic though. We'll have to wait till february or march or whenever test units are sent out for full reviews and details.

rated:
BMWLVR82 said:   
ganda said:   

Generally thats true. Im still optimistic though. We'll have to wait till february or march or whenever test units are sent out for full reviews and details.

Oh sure, I'm not writing it off, a 2017 mobile is still going to have more grunt than a Wii. I was just hoping for something spectacular from Nintendo, and that doesn't look like it is.

How great could VR Mario Kart be? I want that.

rated:
ganda said:   I've been waiting for this. It doesn't look like what I wanted from Nintendo

Mobile means low performance to me, I wanted a Nintendo console with some grunt and 4K output. I have a Wii and an XBox One, and use the Wii 95% of the time because I prefer the games. I wanted 4K Mario Kart, or maybe even Mario Kart with VR headsets!

Meh.

If you play wii 95% and xbox 5% because of the games, then 4k probably isnt that important. Rendering mario's mustache in 4k doesnt make the game better. They showed Skyrim remastered edition, so it will probabbly do hdtv.

rated:
kamalktk said:   
ganda said:   I've been waiting for this. It doesn't look like what I wanted from Nintendo

Meh

If you play wii 95% and xbox 5% because of the games, then 4k probably isnt that important. Rendering mario's mustache in 4k doesnt make the game better. They showed Skyrim remastered edition, so it will probabbly do hdtv.

I want great gameplay and great rendering. I want it all dammit! The low res of the Wii annoys me on my Big Ass TV, and too many of the XBox One games aren't suitable for me to play with my 8 year old.

It's like Nintendo weren't focused on the middle aged man demographic for their new toy

rated:
ganda said:   
BMWLVR82 said:   
ganda said:   

Oh sure, I'm not writing it off, a 2017 mobile is still going to have more grunt than a Wii. I was just hoping for something spectacular from Nintendo, and that doesn't look like it is.

How great could VR Mario Kart be? I want that.

No joke!!
Im still waiting for the 'fun factor' that super mario kart (SNES) invoked, and VR Mario Kart could do that. Battle mode in N64 was great fun, battle mode in Wii was really crappy.

rated:
Barring last minute bugs, should be out in a few weeks.

/ Chairface Chippendale-ing the moon was just for my lulz and will not be in the real game

rated:
Those little controller looks pretty awkward to me.

rated:
A question I've not seen the answer to is does the docking station include some more powerful (and power consuming) processing hardware for when it's connected to a TV? Perhaps it is a lower performance machine when in mobile mode. That would make sense.

rated:
We had to suspend the "no video game talk at the table" rule last night because the mini KKH's couldn't help themselves. I agreed to this only under protest.

rated:
This is pretty accurate

rated:
ganda said:   A question I've not seen the answer to is does the docking station include some more powerful (and power consuming) processing hardware for when it's connected to a TV? Perhaps it is a lower performance machine when in mobile mode. That would make sense.

(answering my own question) Nintendo have stated that there are no processors in the docking station

eta: and that promo video is fantasy - since when did playing video games at the airport make pretty young ladies talk to you?!

edit: "no processors in the docking station"

rated:
ganda said:   ganda said:   A question I've not seen the answer to is does the docking station include some more powerful (and power consuming) processing hardware for when it's connected to a TV? Perhaps it is a lower performance machine when in mobile mode. That would make sense.

(answering my own question) Nintendo have stated that there are processors in the docking station

eta: and that promo video is fantasy - since when did playing video games at the airport make pretty young ladies talk to you?!

Just as many women play games as men. They still wont talk to you though ;p

rated:
Are they going to bring back 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors'?

rated:
I just hope this doesnt ruin nintendo.

rated:
The Switch was shown running on Jimmy Fallon's show last night and it looked... fine. Didn't blow me away

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016