• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
My job has pumpkin carving contest next week. I have absolutely no experience in pumpkin artistry but am determined to win $100 first prize. I need an easy yet unique creation. I was googling puking pumpkins. Looks easy but will i win?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
why does "i win" comes automatic link 

rated:
If only there was someone in the news at the moment who has an orange face. You could give the pumpkin an arm grabbing a cat.

rated:
ganda said:   If only there was someone in the news at the moment who has an orange face. You could give the pumpkin an arm grabbing a cat.
  That was my first idea! But we are going to use the carved pumpkins in childrens' party so I'm not going there. Puke seems to be popular with preteens...

rated:
^
pump-kachu

rated:
ganda said:   If only there was someone in the news at the moment who has an orange face. You could give the pumpkin an arm grabbing a cat.
A Trumpkin?

rated:
Saw a great cheat online.

Use cookie cutters and hammer them into the pumpkin. I see ghost eyes in my future.

rated:
MommyOfHAndK said:   why does "i win" comes automatic link 
Charlie Sheen bought the keyword on fatwallet.

#winning

rated:
MommyOfHAndK said:   why does "i win " comes automatic link 
  that looks scammy

rated:
Considering all the pictures of puking pumpkins on the Internet I'd say that yours would be neither unique nor creative. You could probably make $100 faster raking leaves than carving a contest winning pumpkin.

rated:

PP (92.47kB)
Disclaimer
Decided not to do puking one...meet Peter  , or should I say Mr P. Pumpkineater
Hope he won't rot before Friday when they get judged 

rated:
MommyOfHAndK said:   Decided not to do puking one...meet Peter  , or should I say Mr P. Pumpkineater
Hope he won't rot before Friday when they get judged 

Eeeeeck! He's a Cannibal! Hannibal the Cannibal? For someone who has "absolutely no experience in pumpkin artistry", I'd say you did pretty good.

Keep Peter stored somewhere cool; unheated garage, sheltered porch or patio - if you have an extra fridge (beer fridge in garage?), that would be ideal. Keeping him cool slows down rot.

Good luck with the contest!

rated:
Did ya win?

rated:
Gir said:   Did ya win?
  I hope so, that's a pretty good pumpkin.

rated:
There were 12 pumpkin artists participating this year. I am happy to report my Peter came in 3rd place! Most coworkers felt my pumpkin should have won or be second but apparently panel of judges thought differently. 
 Still, I'm very pleased, as I said I had very little previous experience and I think it came out nice.
And I have extra $50 to spend in marked-down chocolate for myself after Halloween 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016