• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
At least in the US would be either Black Friday or Tax day. I would think. Or premiere if next season of Orange is the New Black?
I don't think it would be election day.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Let me be the non-technical stupid person and ask: can't they just keep attacking forever, everyday?

rated:
It's all just script running. Vast majority of the attack comes from hijacked routers or IOT devices (DVR, webcam, etc) You can read the tech detail on Kerb On Security blog.

Make sure you change your router's default login/password, this is not the same as your wireless connect password. Also, do not buy cheap internet connected devices with no firmware support.

rated:
Anyone else get 100 identical emails from Staples last night? I guess they actually got into Staples.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   It's all just script running. Vast majority of the attack comes from hijacked routers or IOT devices (DVR, webcam, etc) You can read the tech detail on Kerb On Security blog.

I dont care about tech details, can i watch cat videos or am I going to have to call Jack Bauer on these guys?

rated:
kamalktk said:   ZenNUTS said:   It's all just script running. Vast majority of the attack comes from hijacked routers or IOT devices (DVR, webcam, etc) You can read the tech detail on Kerb On Security blog.

I dont care about tech details, can i watch cat videos or am I going to have to call Jack Bauer on these guys?

He's busy playing president now.

rated:
kamalktk said:   ZenNUTS said:   It's all just script running. Vast majority of the attack comes from hijacked routers or IOT devices (DVR, webcam, etc) You can read the tech detail on Kerb On Security blog.

You can watch all the cat videos you want, unless you are in California and the cat video purveyors do another blackout to defeat the condom amendment.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   It's all just script running. Vast majority of the attack comes from hijacked routers or IOT devices (DVR, webcam, etc) You can read the tech detail on Kerb On Security blog.

Make sure you change your router's default login/password, this is not the same as your wireless connect password. Also, do not buy cheap internet connected devices with no firmware support.

What about modems? My bright house provided modem has a default password that I googled for. I considered changing it but it's not my modem.

rated:
scrouds said:   

What about modems? My bright house provided modem has a default password that I googled for. I considered changing it but it's not my modem.

Change it.

rated:
Good question. I don't know about cable modem. All my dealing with them I had assumed they "control" the modem even if I bought the modem myself. Even on a modem/wifi router combo I bought for mom doesn't allow me to access the modem portion but I was able to change the password for the router side.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016