• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
If you're ever in Santa Nella, Ca, have the soup, but if this trip advisor review is any indication, skip the salad.

Hard to miss this place with the big Dutch windmill. Inside it has a coffee shop area, a dining room and a gift shop. I thought it was entertaining to eat in a dining room that felt like the inside of a Danish castle with servers attired in white shirts with bow ties and maroon vests- all this in a very rural area. The menu had a couple of Danish offerings, but most of the choices were classic Americana. Most everything was reasonably priced at less than $15. My turkey dinner with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies was good if not exciting while my wife also found her pea soup an caesarean salad to be good but not exceptional. So the whole experience is a bit of an enigma but kind of fun since it feels like stepping back in time.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Interestingly, the salad and the operation both are frequently, but erroneously attributed to Julius Caesar.

rated:
I actually have stopped at this particular one. They were not offering caesarean salad that day....

My suggestion, don't stop, keep on going....

rated:
C-salads are getting more and more common in this day and age.

rated:
Canucklehead said:   C-salads are getting more and more common in this day and age.
  So true.  If you order a salad by Cesarean, you can choose the date.  You could have a Cesar salad the same day Cesar did, for instance.  

rated:
HorB said:   enigma

Glad they got that word right.

rated:
I've been to the one in Beullton a few times. Vons has sold the canned version of their pee soup in the past, but don't know if they still stock it (I haven't bought it in years). The pea soup in the restaurant is better.

rated:
We drove by the Buellton location for years because my dad's family lived in Santa Maria area. I don't think as kids we had ever eaten pea soup and I didn't like peas at all so was just as happy to keep on driving past.

rated:
burgerwars said:   I've been to the one in Beullton a few times. Vons has sold the canned version of their pee soup in the past, but don't know if they still stock it (I haven't bought it in years). The pea soup in the restaurant is better.

/faints
burgerwars eats pea soup?
mm could go for some good split pea and ham soup right now

rated:
kirbydog said:   We drove by the Buellton location for years because my dad's family lived in Santa Maria area. I don't think as kids we had ever eaten pea soup and I didn't like peas at all so was just as happy to keep on driving past.
  I HATE peas, but I like pea soup. 

rated:
sublimosa said:   
burgerwars said:   I've been to the one in Beullton a few times. Vons has sold the canned version of their pee soup in the past, but don't know if they still stock it (I haven't bought it in years). The pea soup in the restaurant is better.

/faints

Yes.  Believe it or not, I know what peas are!

rated:
burgerwars said:   
sublimosa said:   

/faints

You gave peas a chance?

rated:
burgerwars said:   
sublimosa said:   

/faints

Is it because peas are not a vegetable?

rated:
legumes!

rated:
If you're having a cesarean salad I think you're eating it wrong.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016