• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Pickles are great. The add great taste and texture to anything they are added to. Be it fermented or fridge pickles or even those weird looking ones at McDonald's, pickles will brighten up your life. The health benefits for eating pickles is also noteworthy. The live cultures in fermented pickles helps to create a happy, healthy gut, fostering the right kind of probitotics that's essential to healthy poops.

Vote for pickles!

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I was on a real pickle kick for a while, but lately when I put them on a sandwich, the whole thing tastes like pickle. Maybe I should try a different brand. I like pickles. I get virgin marys a lot when we go out and I always resent when somebody thinks it's cute to put a slim jim in there instead of a pickle spear.

rated:

MMmmmmm (66.42kB)
Disclaimer
I'm not anti-pickle, I do eat them when I'm in the mood, but I object to surprise pickles lurking in a burger or whatever. I like fried chicken brined in pickle juice, but I order my Chick-Fil-A sandwiches pickleless.

<---- I adore this type of pickle though.

rated:
I will never vote for pickles. I find them deplorable! When pickle juice seeps into my sandwich at McAllisters or my subs at Firehouse Subs, I loose a portion of my hard earned money. I am tired of subsidizing the picklers. No more prickle down economics.

rated:
I like big pickles and I cannot lie.

rated:

rated:
scrouds said:   Pickles are great.

May I remind you of the pro-pickle forces.

rated:
Eating a pickle also make your glass of water taste sweeter. Try it out.

rated:
kamalktk said:   scrouds said:   Pickles are great.

May I remind you of the pro-pickle forces.

They are simply fermented refugees looking for a safe food home.

rated:
pickled eggs taste good but make me smell bad.

rated:

DillDoe (18.87kB)
Disclaimer
A Dill Doe

rated:
discusbabe said:   pickled eggs taste good but make me smell bad.
I've never tried a pickled egg. Don't even know where to buy it, drive out to the sticks and go to WalMart?

rated:
scrouds said:   
discusbabe said:   pickled eggs taste good but make me smell bad.
I've never tried a pickled egg. Don't even know where to buy it, drive out to the sticks and go to WalMart?

go to your local Asian grocer and get some "century eggs"

rated:
scrouds said:   
discusbabe said:   pickled eggs taste good but make me smell bad.
I've never tried a pickled egg. Don't even know where to buy it, drive out to the sticks and go to WalMart?

Moe's Tavern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhvjIx5-cg0



rated:
scrouds said:   
discusbabe said:   pickled eggs taste good but make me smell bad.
I've never tried a pickled egg. Don't even know where to buy it, drive out to the sticks and go to WalMart?


There's different types of pickled eggs, red beet eggs can be found in some supermarkets, often where take-out deli items are located (along with prepacked potato, egg, macaroni and pasta salads. You can also find them where you have Eastern Europeans and Amish/Mennonites, as they are a fairly popular food item, often sold with the pickled beets. Or just make your own, by either adding peeled, hard-boiled, eggs to homemade or store-bought beet salad. Asian markets might have other types of pickled eggs. You might find jars of pickled quail eggs, often in a sweet brine, sometimes. They are bite-sized treats.

rated:
Pickled eggs make you fart like you've never farted before.

rated:
I'm already a legend at farting. I will have to try.

rated:
Was out to dinner Sat night with friend and we had finished what we could of our meals. The server came by with to go containers and then disappeared.
I had a delicious but overly large burger and I had put it the leftovers (about half) in the to go box and my friend had done the same with the remains of her sandwich. She had claimed my pickle spear and was going to eat it and I still had fries to add to the to go box, but we were busy chatting.
The next thing we knew, the server rushed by picking up both our platters before we could object. Gone was the pickle and my fries.
She was crushed over the lost pickle.
We couldn't stop laughing.
Excellent burger but the atmosphere of the place was horrific. Giant warehouse space and the noise was atrocious, couldn't hear each other, couldn't hear the music, etc.

rated:
ganda said:   Pickled eggs make you fart like you've never farted before.


My mom grew beets and always made pickled eggs and they were a frequent occurrence in our house. I cannot ever remember farting as a result for myself or any other family member.
I haven't eaten any in years, probably since my mom stopped growing beets. She still made them after that, but with canned beets.
I would never eat pickled eggs from a store.
My sister jusst made pickled sweet red peppers with onions and gave me some, they were fantastic.

edited for spelling and grammar

rated:
sublimosa said:   Was out to dinner Sat night with friend and we had finished what we could of our meals. The server came by with to go containers and then disappeared.
I had a delicious but overly large burger and I had put it the leftovers (about half) in the to go box and my friend had done the same with the remains of her sandwich. She had claimed my pickle spear and was going to eat it and I still had fries to add to the to go box, but we were busy chatting.
The next thing we knew, the server rushed by picking up both our platters before we could object. Gone was the pickle and my fries.
She was crushed over the lost pickle.
We couldn't stop laughing.
Excellent burger but the atmosphere of the place was horrific. Giant warehouse space and the noise was atrocious, couldn't hear each other, couldn't hear the music, etc.


Un-dill-leavable

rated:
How is it possible for dill pickles to have zero calories? At least that's what the nutrition label indicates on the dill pickles I buy.

rated:
cga said:   How is it possible for dill pickles to have zero calories? At least that's what the nutrition label indicates on the dill pickles I buy.

They actually don't have zero calories, FDA labeling laws allow manufacturers to claim zero for anything under 1 kcal. Cucumbers are mostly water and undigestible fiber, with a trace amount of digestible carbohydrates. If you look at the carbohydrate count, it will usually state 1 gram or <1 gram. The pickle most likely has calorie, more or less according to size, which is considered negligible.

rated:
1 more week for a good pickling!

rated:
Who wants pickles? Local produce place has some nice local kirbys $18 a crate. He says it's like 50lbs.

I should post this in hot deals.

rated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3oua-arErs



Pickles the Fire Cat
do you think his barrel was originally a pickle barrel?

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016