• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Woman sues KFC for $20 million because she didn't get enough chicken. 

She isn't going to get $20 million.  She didn't suffer damages anywhere near worth that.  KFC probably did her a favor.  Eat too much KFC and you can get sick (and fat).

But if she does get $20 million, I'm going to head to her lawyer and tell him about the time Western Bagel shorted me one bagel.  That then should be worth $40 million.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Ya know, you can go to chick fil a and order breakfast items with bacon on them. Clearly the spelling challenged cows are willing to sell out both chickens and also pigs.they should expand on this: deep fried ham, duck, and Turkey would surely convince people to eet Les cau meet.

rated:
People like Anna Wurtzburger should have to pay all court costs when garbage suits like that are thrown out. They should also print out all the suit's paperwork, single sided, staple it together, and actually throw it directly at her head. Then, the lawyer that took her case should be disbarred, too.

rated:
Does a chicken bucket really cost $20? Holy cats! She could have ordered 4 of those box deals.

rated:
kirbydog said:   Does a chicken bucket really cost $20? Holy cats! She could have ordered 4 of those box deals.

It does. Oddly enough I hadn't eaten KFC for at least 15 years, but I was intrigued by their new "Nashville Hot Chicken", so I had me a bunch last weekend, and some of their regular chicken for good measure. It wasn't very good, it's going to be at least 15 years before I fall for that again. My own fried chicken is a thousand times better and doesn't cost $35+

rated:
mapatsfan said:   People like Anna Wurtzburger should have to pay all court costs when garbage suits like that are thrown out. 
What is the matter with you???  The bucket was HALF FULL.  Either you don't understand how important the difference is, or you're a vegan.

rated:
I read this story on a news site, and many commentators pointed out that the order was for an 8 piece bucket, and they never look like the pics show, or they'd never be able to get the lid on. She suffered zero damages, she got exactly what she ordered, and paid for. She's lucky if a jury awards her $20, let alone $20 million.

rated:
This should be in deal discussion for a potential class action. But not in the class action thread in deal discussion, that's just a thread for discussing class actions and not for new/upcoming class actions.

rated:
ctujackbauer said:   This should be in deal discussion for a potential class action. But not in the class action thread in deal discussion, that's just a thread for discussing class actions and not for new/upcoming class actions.
Touché.

Well played Jack Bauer.

rated:
ctujackbauer said:   This should be in deal discussion for a potential class action. But not in the class action thread in deal discussion, that's just a thread for discussing class actions and not for new/upcoming class actions.
  Yes, but there is no potential for this action to have any class... so maybe it just doesn't belong anywhere?

rated:
Solipsist said:   
  Yes, but there is no potential for this action to have any class... so maybe it just doesn't belong anywhere?

Hey if it's got no class it belongs right here in FWOT.

rated:
ganda said:   Solipsist said:   

Hey if it's got no class it belongs right here in FWOT.

"Call me sometime when you have no class" Rodney Dangerfield

rated:
SweetClover said:   I read this story on a news site, and many commentators pointed out that the order was for an 8 piece bucket, and they never look like the pics show, or they'd never be able to get the lid on. She suffered zero damages, she got exactly what she ordered, and paid for. She's lucky if a jury awards her $20, let alone $20 million.
She suffered great physical and mental damage because her eating during the baseball playoffs or World Series was calibrated for a full bucket, and when the food ran out early, she kept trying to eat chicken but instead ate her hand.  

rated:
She had to have hired a lawyer because what lawyer would take this on a contingency? 

rated:
overclock said:   She had to have hired a lawyer because what lawyer would take this on a contingency? 
No money down?
No. Money down.

rated:
Maggots on society... and the lawyers that represent them...

Her first clue should have been when the lid was on the container... and not overflowing with chicken.

rated:

rated:
All the Hamburger places, (Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendys) Show's a very large Burger in their ads, etc. When you go there, it's only half the size! I think the FTC should investigate it!

rated:
Whenever I go to Chick-Fil-A with the wife, it seems that she always gets a bigger piece of chicken in her sandwich than I do. Fortunately I am able to trick her into switching sandwiches with me... muhahaha

rated:
Marvinomatic said:   All the Hamburger places, (Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendys) Show's a very large Burger in their ads, etc. When you go there, it's only half the size! I think the FTC should investigate it!

There are photographers that make their living jazzing up the ingredients in a fast food menu item making them look like something served in the world's most exclusive restaurants.

I'm willing to bet the photo does not show more chicken than what a customer usually gets. To make it look like a bucket overflowing with chicken, just place all the chicken on top of the lid.

rated:
burgerwars said:   
Marvinomatic said:   All the Hamburger places, (Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendys) Show's a very large Burger in their ads, etc. When you go there, it's only half the size! I think the FTC should investigate it!

There are photographers that make their living jazzing up the ingredients in a fast food menu item making them look like something served in the world's most exclusive restaurants.

I'm willing to bet the photo does not show more chicken than what a customer usually gets. To make it look like a bucket overflowing with chicken, just place all the chicken on top of the lid.

making their living or not, it is false advertising. Nothing looks like what you see and I'm yelling SCAM, That is like buying a box of cookies that is only 25% full, It is clearly trickery and they should be penalized so businesses have to actually compete, not just compete with make believe images.

rated:
soundtechie said:   Ya know, you can go to chick fil a and order breakfast items with bacon on them. Clearly the spelling challenged cows are willing to sell out both chickens and also pigs.they should expand on this: deep fried ham, duck, and Turkey would surely convince people to eet Les cau meet.
  all the chick fil a near me no longer have the bacon bagel sandwich
they also got rid of the spicy chicken biscuit, which breaks my heart.

rated:
mudley said:   
soundtechie said:   Ya know, you can go to chick fil a and order breakfast items with bacon on them. Clearly the spelling challenged cows are willing to sell out both chickens and also pigs.they should expand on this: deep fried ham, duck, and Turkey would surely convince people to eet Les cau meet.
  all the chick fil a near me no longer have the bacon bagel sandwich
they also got rid of the spicy chicken biscuit, which breaks my heart.

A rare sighting!

Anyway, if my local CFA didn't offer Fried chicken, on a biscuit, with cheese *and* bacon, I probably would go there for breakfast at all.

rated:
FrugalFreaky said:   
burgerwars said:   

making their living or not, it is false advertising. Nothing looks like what you see and I'm yelling SCAM, That is like buying a box of cookies that is only 25% full, It is clearly trickery and they should be penalized so businesses have to actually compete, not just compete with make believe images.

/pictures of models without photoshop and makeup go here.

rated:
I don't think I've ever gone to any fast food restaurant and actually gotten an item that resembles the menu photo IN MY WHOLE LIFE.
Yet I keep going back......

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016