• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Any have experience buying a used Mercedes Benz car about 3-5 years old?  Was it worth the deal?  Or did you have lots of costly upkeep because it is a Mercedes?

Never owned a Mercedes (or any high end auto).

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I bought a three year old Mercedes a few years back. The car was mint with low miles, and was still under the original Mercedes warranty. If you buy a used Mercedes, I suggest you limit it to the ones that include either the original Mercedes warranty (which would mean they're only a few years old) or a good extended warranty. Unless you like gambling, don't buy a Mercedes without a warranty...unless it's way below market price. They do tend to depreciate quickly; in my area there's almost always a good selection of two or three year old MBs with low mileage and warranties, often at surprisingly good prices.

rated:
There's a forum at EricTheCarGuy.com just for mechanics, and it seems Mercedes is easy to work on if you are highly familiar with the cars and have the exact tools. because access to parts is extremely well engineered, meaning it's not stupid, but there's no leeway.

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016