• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hi

While passing through a construction zone I got some concrete splatter on my car. We contacted the construction site and went through their insurance. The appraiser only approved for a buffing and total detail which we feel didnt fix the problem. There are still white spots on the car. We asked for another appraisal to approve further work on the car but was denied. The Body Shop thinks that we need a full paint job to fix the issue. What are our options at this point. We do have full insurance on our car ( its a lease ) but havnt contacted our insurance yet. 

Thanks,

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Probably needs wet sanding to get the spots out. How extensive are the spots that the whole car needs to be painted?

rated:
It will buff right out.

rated:
maxbayes said:   The appraiser only approved for a buffing and total detail which we feel didnt fix the problem. 

rated:
Insurance adjusters are among the least honest people in the world, and I think the repair job actually caused damage.  There are chemicals to remove concrete without damaging the paint, and they're left on for a long time, maybe an hour, an washed off without any rubbing or wiping at all.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016