• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/inside-the-ticker/mcdonalds-is-ma...

Le Grand Mac and Le Mac Mini.

We'll see about the Burgerwars Seal of Approval.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I have a couple of sausage and egg McMuffins 3 or 4 times a year when I'm rushing off somewhere, and that's the limit of my McDonald's patronage. I will try a Grand Mac out of curiosity, when I was in the mood/stoned I used to like a Big Mac or 3 even though it's garbage

eta: of course I take the pickles out

rated:
I think BW is like Betelgeuse

burgerwars burgerwars burgerwars

rated:
I'm here! I just heard the news. I've been fighting an "airplane cold" since coming back from Shanghai. No burgers today.

I do approve of the new Big Macs. The bigger one for when you're really hOngry, when just a regular Big Mac won't do. The mini one is great when you have small children. Their little appetites can't handle a grown-up Big Mac, but you can train them on the mini version.

Good move for McDonald's.

rated:
Mac Jr is highly recommended. The double layer of Mac sauce is amazing.

Le grande Mac is just a big big mac

rated:
No Mac Jr. yet at my closest McD's. They do have self-service order kiosks. First time I've used one inside the U.S.

rated:
burgerwars said:   No Mac Jr. yet at my closest McD's. They do have self-service order kiosks.

No offense to the average McDonald's customer, but ordering my food off a touch screen that hundreds of booger hooks have prodded is not my idea of hygiene

rated:
You are not a fan of Coke Freestyle then.

rated:
ganda said:   
burgerwars said:   No Mac Jr. yet at my closest McD's. They do have self-service order kiosks.

No offense to the average McDonald's customer, but ordering my food off a touch screen that hundreds of booger hooks have prodded is not my idea of hygiene

The people handling your food and taking your change are no cleaner, regardless of the signage posted.  And your order accuracy will increase; if not, it's because of the person entering the order.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   You are not a fan of Coke Freestyle then.

I don't eat much fast food. I assume that's one of those cool machines with every flavor imaginable? I've used one once (then washed my hands before I ate )

rated:
mapatsfan said:   
ganda said:   

The people handling your food and taking your change are no cleaner, regardless of the signage posted.  And your order accuracy will increase; if not, it's because of the person entering the order.

The people handling your food are much cleaner than those screens will be.  But regardless, those people are still going to be handling your food.  The screens, though, add an additional point of failure when it comes to hygiene.

While I am a bit OCD about touching those dirty screens, I do like that the screens wont get your order wrong. 

But hey, at the McDonalds here, they hired a guy with some sort of mental disability to take orders in the drive through.  They trained him for about a year, but he is now better than 99% of the order takers in drive-throughs, IMO.  I think it's because he cares more and takes his job more seriously than some others and also probably doesn't goof off or anything.

rated:
My hands touch doorknobs, elevator buttons, etc., all day long. I'm not dead yet. Anyway, I could carry alcohol wipes with me, just in case the touchscreen at McDonald's is infected with Ebola.

rated:
ganda said:   
ZenNUTS said:   You are not a fan of Coke Freestyle then.

I don't eat much fast food. I assume that's one of those cool machines with every flavor imaginable? I've used one once (then washed my hands before I ate )

Coke Freestyle delivers Vanilla Coke. Vanilla Coke is best coke.

rated:
Lime zero. You can thank me later

rated:
burgerwars said:   My hands touch doorknobs, elevator buttons, etc., all day long. I'm not dead yet. Anyway, I could carry alcohol wipes with me, just in case the touchscreen at McDonald's is infected with Ebola.

True, I don't think I've had any problems with the order taking kiosks.  

That said, I have a problem with the ones that are at tables as they tend to get dirty.  
Also, those small stores that have iPads using square or whatever they use.  They want me to sign using my finger on their dirty screens.  Please no.  I know it's all in the head, but whatever.  

rated:
riznick said:   
burgerwars said:   My hands touch doorknobs, elevator buttons, etc., all day long. I'm not dead yet. Anyway, I could carry alcohol wipes with me, just in case the touchscreen at McDonald's is infected with Ebola.

True, I don't think I've had any problems with the order taking kiosks.  

That said, I have a problem with the ones that are at tables as they tend to get dirty.  
Also, those small stores that have iPads using square or whatever they use.  They want me to sign using my finger on their dirty screens.  Please no.  I know it's all in the head, but whatever.  

Then don't carry or handle cash if you are worried about dirty. 

rated:
kirbydog said:   
riznick said:   

It's a mental thing. When I'm signing the screen, I can feel the boogers an saliva and whatever it is that people leave behind on screens. I don't feel it on money. Money doesn't bother me at all, though I very rarely use cash. I've not used an ATM in a decade, but that's out of convenience.

rated:
I am more freaked out by cashiers and food servers who wear disposable gloves that are visibly dirty but they are keeping their own hands clean. Barf.

Also people who touch their heads or hair while serving or preparing food. ewww...and long fingernails. and public restrooms and drinking fountains and courtesy phones.

rated:
Many toll takers on the Massachusetts Turnpike did that glove thing. No more filthy gloves giving change and no more of their crappy attitudes are the two best things about the toll booths being torn down last week.

rated:
Most people doesn't mind having their dog/cat licking their face either.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Most people doesn't mind having their dog/cat licking their face either.
  Or cats that dig around in the litter box then are allowed to walk on the kitchen counters, etc. bleah.

rated:
scrouds said:   Lime zero. You can thank me later
Lime Coke is also acceptable.

rated:
kamalktk said:   scrouds said:   Lime zero. You can thank me later
Lime Coke is also acceptable.

I can't take the sugar but if you can, enjoy!

They need pickle flavor.

rated:
^
That's Mountain Dew :barf:

rated:
McD breakfast sandwiches are 1/2 size they used to be. Ripoff.

rated:
zapjb said:   McD breakfast sandwiches are 1/2 size they used to be. Ripoff.

Are you sure you didn't get twice as big?

rated:
riznick said:   
zapjb said:   McD breakfast sandwiches are 1/2 size they used to be. Ripoff.

Are you sure you didn't get twice as big?

LOL. I'm so old my appetite is a lot less. Truly the breakfast sandwiches are now hors d'oeuvres size.

rated:
zapjb said:   
  LOL. I'm so old my appetite is a lot less. Truly the breakfast sandwiches are now hors d'oeuvres size.

As far as I know, they are the same size as they were in the 90's when I worked there.

English Muffin - butter - sausage patty - cheese - egg

rated:
riznick said:   
kirbydog said:   
riznick said:   

It's a mental thing. When I'm signing the screen, I can feel the boogers an saliva and whatever it is that people leave behind on screens. I don't feel it on money. Money doesn't bother me at all, though I very rarely use cash. I've not used an ATM in a decade, but that's out of convenience.

Hey, I want to thank you that now I am freaked out about finger-signing on screens. Just now I had to sign for a delivery on a touchscreen and I could feel something crusty on the surface. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!

rated:
Big Mac creator Jim Delligatti dies at 98.
RIP Jim 

PITTSBURGH --The Pittsburgh-area McDonald’s franchisee who created the Big Mac nearly 50 years ago has died. Michael “Jim” Delligatti was 98.McDonald’s spokeswoman Kerry Ford confirmed that Delligatti died at home surrounded by his family on Monday night.Delligatti’s franchise was based in Uniontown, about 40 miles south of Pittsburgh, when he invented the chain’s signature burger with two all-beef patties, “special sauce,” lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

rated:
sportsfan64 said:   Big Mac creator Jim Delligatti dies at 98.
RIP Jim 

PITTSBURGH --The Pittsburgh-area McDonald’s franchisee who created the Big Mac nearly 50 years ago has died. Michael “Jim” Delligatti was 98.McDonald’s spokeswoman Kerry Ford confirmed that Delligatti died at home surrounded by his family on Monday night.Delligatti’s franchise was based in Uniontown, about 40 miles south of Pittsburgh, when he invented the chain’s signature burger with two all-beef patties, “special sauce,” lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Deserves its own thread methinks.

/ Burgerwars is probably in mourning

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017