• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Remember to turn back the clocks at 2 AM on Sunday and be sure to enjoy that extra hour of sleep.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
so what time is it now?

rated:
Are we saving daylight now? Or was it saved before last night? Where was it saved? I'm confused... Or maybe just tired 😴

rated:
Can we pretend we are still on DST? Don't like that it's dark out at 5pm.

rated:
We are in"Standard" time, which only lasts 3 1/2 months.

rated:
That's 3 months too long.

rated:
You would think we could just split the difference and change it 30 minutes a

rated:
I'll vote for whomever that will abolish this arcane practice.

rated:
miserly said:   I'll vote for whomever that will abolish this arcane practice.
  Or you could relocate to Arizona or Hawaii.

rated:
miserly said:   so what time is it now?

9:28 am PST. Write it down so you don't have to keep asking it.

rated:
It's Daylight SAVING Time, not savings.

rated:
Not for another 3 1/2 months.

rated:
The Washington Post:

Turning back the clock 1 hour takes a serious toll on your mental health

.... Daylight saving time should be a permanent, year-round phenomenon.  ... we should simply leave the hour hand where it is and pledge to never fiddle with it again.

....  linked to an increase in crime 
....  linked to disrupted sleep patterns, increased heart attack risk, and an uptick in fatal car accidents.
....  jump in depression diagnoses around this time of year.

....  policymakers could help out all of us simply by abolishing the shift to standard time and making daylight saving time year-round.

etc, etc...

rated:
China only has one time zone, even though the width of the country is more than the mainland U.S. When I was in Shanghai last week, the sun was out at proper hours, but people on the west end of the country are going to work and school in the middle of the night, and are going to bed when maybe they should be going to lunch.

rated:
My grandfather, who died in 1984, refused to conform to DST.
He always talked about XX hour, "... by the sun".
If I understand that right: 6 months a year, he was off by 1 hour. The other half, he was off by 2. 

No idea how he managed in everyday life: he was a mailman & ran a "pop & mom" store. 

[DST was brought to France by the nazis in 1940, so  I suspect that this was the reason of my grandfather's refusal to conform to that change.] 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016