• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
...when all of the reviews say something along the lines of "I received this product at a discount for my unbiased and honest review. "?

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
i would say not.

rated:
Look at the details mentioned by the reviewer that indicate he or she actually used the product and is familiar with it.  Many reviews are just generic, i.e., "this expresso maker is much smoother than others."

rated:
Any time I see those reviews, I move on to another item. If you have to pay for reviews, your product can't be very good.

rated:
You can not trust any of those. Even those with a lot of details are from people who do review for a living but may not have experience with that particular type of product so wouldn't know a good vs bad one.

rated:
Amason Bans Reviews Based on Free or Discounted Products
posted: Oct. 4, 2016

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1531476

rated:
Fakespot is unreliable, but still comes Handy.

rated:
I've received free products and have been honest in my reviews. 

rated:
The Three Wolf Moon t-shirt reviews are all totally accurate.

rated:
When starting to sell an item on Amazon sellers almost have to offer a discount to get their items reviewed so their items show up higher ranked in searches. A friend started selling stuff on Amazon and it is such a game it is ridiculous.

rated:
overclock said:   When starting to sell an item on Amazon sellers almost have to offer a discount to get their items reviewed so their items show up higher ranked in searches. A friend started selling stuff on Amazon and it is such a game it is ridiculous.
  I wish Amazon would totally eliminate third party sellers and self published "books." 

rated:
maydepot said:   I've received free products and have been honest in my reviews. 
  That is not the problem.  Being honest that is. Reviews like yours are still biased.

rated:
moonbeam said:   
overclock said:   When starting to sell an item on Amazon sellers almost have to offer a discount to get their items reviewed so their items show up higher ranked in searches. A friend started selling stuff on Amazon and it is such a game it is ridiculous.
  I wish Amazon would totally eliminate third party sellers and self published "books." 

I know someone who self-published a book he wrote based on a bedtime story he made up for his daughter. It was awkward and the character names were unwieldy but they both loved it. I found it derivative (The Hobbit meets Harry Potter crossed with Eragon) and I'm pretty sure no proper publisher would have printed it, but it was important to his ego that he do it. In fact, many things were important for the stroking of his ego now that I think about it. The End.

rated:
What I care about for the review is the picture or video. So that I can check if this item is perfect to me.

rated:
You look fat with that!

rated:
kirbydog said:   
moonbeam said:   
  I wish Amazon would totally eliminate third party sellers and self published "books." 

I know someone who self-published a book he wrote based on a bedtime story he made up for his daughter. It was awkward and the character names were unwieldy but they both loved it. I found it derivative (The Hobbit meets Harry Potter crossed with Eragon) and I'm pretty sure no proper publisher would have printed it, but it was important to his ego that he do it. In fact, many things were important for the stroking of his ego now that I think about it. The End.

Cool story, bro.  Broette.  

rated:
kirbydog said:   
moonbeam said:   

I once met this guy in another of our companies office that was published as a children's author.  Had no idea about any of this, until they gathered us for lunch ( I was visiting) and he started reading the story.  It was very weird and I thought "This is what they do for lunch everyday?"  but thankfully it was his last day. 

rated:
"Broette" made ma laugh. Thanks, KKH!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016