• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hello folks,

Since I installed Ghostery extension in Chrome, almost all the links that I click on Fatwallet forums go through few websites before I reach to the 'deal'. Some of the websites they hop through are, anrdoezrs.com and then emjcd.com before finally reaching to  http://www.conversantmedia.com/ 

If I understood correctly, these are advertisements websites or something.

I am curious, why the posters would put links that go through these sites before reaching to the final destination. Whats in there for them? If they earn money, how does it work?

Many thanks

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Posters post regular direct links. FW forum software makes all links go through tracking and/or commission-generating sites. For money. When you visit a retail website through an intermediate party like commission junction, the intermediary gets paid a portion of any sale generated during your session on that website. The intermediary then pays the referrer (most?) of that commission. FW used to share half of what they received with the users, but now that ebates has taken over, your clicks from FW won't generate any cash back for you, only for them.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016