• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/obituary/7400205/leonard-...

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
Sad to see him go. Unique is an overused word nowadays, but he truly was unique, and perhaps a bit of an acquired taste. I grew up listening to his songs, which, although mostly dark and usually sad, I've always found to be evocative and strangely uplifting.

I remember reading that Bob Dylan described Cohen, and I paraphrase, in these words: "I'm number zero, but Cohen is number one."

rated:
I hadn't thought of him in over 30 years [I used to sell his albums - a LONG, LONG time ago !]

So weird, that last week, I read a long article about him in the Newyorker:

OCTOBER 10, 2016

LEONARD COHEN MAKES IT DARKER
BY DAVID REMNICK

At eighty-two, the troubadour has another album coming. Like him, it is obsessed with mortality, God-infused, and funny.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/17/leonard-cohen-makes...

rated:
"Marianne" died recently, and I read an article where he discussed this, and he was saying he wouldn't be far behind. I saw him perform a few years ago, a very talented human being.

rated:
ganda said:   "Marianne" died recently, and I read an article where he discussed this....
Yes, in that Newyorker article.

His last recording came out on the date of his 82nd birthday.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016