• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
We do an annual event at work (since 1998 I am told) of hosting a food barrel for donations to our county's community food bank. I already went to Target this week and bought a case of canned veggies with coupons for 40 cents per can and chicken stock for 46 cents per can. I usually buy pasta and cereal as well (waiting for a good sale).

I am going through my stashes of stuff at the house for a Toys for Tots donation that our office supplier hosts every year. It's great, their drivers pick up our donations when they deliver an order. So easy. Last year I bought a big bag full of fleece blankets from a Kmart deal. This year I am thinking about giving up my LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon backpack (NWT). But I love it!  Millennium Falcon! I must have other stuff I could give. Not my Star Wars Advent Calendars either, though. 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
I have tried to go to Rutgers Big Chill every year since I started college back in 2002.. I think I have missed 3 or 4 times so far.
I like it because entry fee is not cash.. it's an unopened toy for a kid.. and that way they toy goes directly to a needy kid during Christmas.
There is one man who comes every single year and he gives a standard full sized bicycle every single year.
10,000 toys collected last year.

http://recreation.rutgers.edu/big-chill/

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016