• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
No, say I. Why reinvent the wheel
Link 

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
The "digital location device" customers get when they order from the touch screen, is just a plastic numbered tag you put on your table. You pick one up from the side of the touch screen, and enter whatever number is on it.

Nothing real earthshaking here. Instead of workers putting the food on the counter to pick up, they bring it to the table.

Professor Burgerwars

rated:
My wife's definition of me taking her out for dinner is a "sit down" place where we get food served.

I can take her to McD now.. McFries and McFlurries!

rated:
So they just bring my tray to the table and it ends there? Or do they walk around and bring me more napkins, ketchup or whatever I may need during my meal? Do they clean my table afterwards or I still take my own trash to garbage? 
Just don't want to do this incorrectly...

rated:
There's a chain called burger fi. Good burgers. They are normally a pick up your food at the counter kind of place, but at my local location they were required to provide table service to meet zoning laws.

What they do is give you a buzzer that can be placed on a mat on a table. System tells them what table, they bring you your food. You can get your own ketchup.

rated:
I noticed in the last few weeks. Now they hand you a stand with # and someone will bring you the food to the table. I still dump the trash myself but I also see some employees will take it. It's YMMV.

Ya, you can tell I eat there a lot.

rated:
MommyOfHAndK said:   So they just bring my tray to the table and it ends there? Or do they walk around and bring me more napkins, ketchup or whatever I may need during my meal? Do they clean my table afterwards or I still take my own trash to garbage? 
Just don't want to do this incorrectly...

  That's it.  No maître d'.  At least I haven't seen one at my McDonald's.

rated:
I've always wanted to do valentines day at white castle.

rated:

rated:
scrouds said:   I've always wanted to do valentines day at white castle.
  that's how you know, she's the one!

rated:
Other than the computerized ordering system, the table service seems like the Noodles and Company model. Chik-Fil-A also does this during busy times. Nothing special at all.

rated:
scrouds said:   I've always wanted to do valentines day at white castle.
  Me too!  Me too!Any takers? 🙃😜

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   I noticed in the last few weeks. Now they hand you a stand with # and someone will bring you the food to the table. 
  How much did you tip?

rated:
McD's should concentrate on making fresh food instead of precooking and storing it in those stupid yellow drawers.

rated:
atikovi said:   ZenNUTS said:   I noticed in the last few weeks. Now they hand you a stand with # and someone will bring you the food to the table. How much did you tip?That question deserves another thread (Do you tip for McDonald's table service?).
  

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
atikovi said:   
ZenNUTS said:   I noticed in the last few weeks. Now they hand you a stand with # and someone will bring you the food to the table. 
How much did you tip?

That question deserves another thread (Do you tip for McDonald's table service?).
  

  My first job (Taco Bell).  I lasted for about 1 1/2 years.  During that time I think I collected two tips off the tables.  They were so rare that I thought customers forgot that they left their money.

rated:
I'm unsure if all Canadian McDonald's have now caught on with the all-day breakfast menu, but these guys had to drive all the way from Montreal to the U.S. side of the border because they missed breakfast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt_N89MqSJw



rated:
In Scotland, when using the touchscreen to make my order, it asks you what area of the restaurant will you be sitting. Hmm, I don't know. This area looks good, so I select it. Now I go to sit in that area, but it's full. What a fail. Oh well, I then find an open seat in another area. They bring out the food to you. My guess is the table service guy had to look around the wrong area first in order to find me. I can't recall how they identify you. I got my food, though, so I guess it wasn't a problem..

rated:
^
My local Chick-Fil-A makes a note of what you look like on the order, I have received an order with Big Black Hoodie on it Maybe the Scottish McDonald's just noted "American".

rated:
ganda said:   ^
My local Chick-Fil-A makes a note of what you look like on the order, I have received an order with Big Black Hoodie on it Maybe the Scottish McDonald's just noted "American".
 

  
I first heard this as "big black bootie" and did a double take

rated:
sublimosa said:   
ganda said:   ^
My local Chick-Fil-A makes a note of what you look like on the order, I have received an order with Big Black Hoodie on it Maybe the Scottish McDonald's just noted "American".

  
I first heard this as "big black bootie" and did a double take

  I first read the title of this thread as "Bottle service at McDonalds?"

rated:
sublimosa said:   
ganda said:   ^
My local Chick-Fil-A makes a note of what you look like on the order, I have received an order with Big Black Hoodie on it Maybe the Scottish McDonald's just noted "American".

  
I first heard this as "big black bootie" and did a double take

  
She wasn't dining with me on that occasion.

rated:
burgerwars said:   I'm unsure if all Canadian McDonald's have now caught on with the all-day breakfast menu, but these guys had to drive all the way from Montreal to the U.S. side of the border because they missed breakfast:

[S[/S]


Can't wait till they build that wall so that Canadians stop taking our Mickey D's breakfast.

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   burgerwars said:   I'm unsure if all Canadian McDonald's have now caught on with the all-day breakfast menu, but these guys had to drive all the way from Montreal to the U.S. side of the border because they missed breakfast:

[S[/S]


Can't wait till they build that wall so that Canadians stop taking our Mickey D's breakfast.

They will build a retaliatory wall over Timbits and maple syrup for pancakes.

rated:
kamalktk said:   MilleniumBuc said:   burgerwars said:   I'm unsure if all Canadian McDonald's have now caught on with the all-day breakfast menu, but these guys had to drive all the way from Montreal to the U.S. side of the border because they missed breakfast:

[S[/S]


Can't wait till they build that wall so that Canadians stop taking our Mickey D's breakfast.

They will build a retaliatory wall over Timbits and maple syrup for pancakes.

I prefer American maple syrup.

rated:
oh dear I am out of the loop again
what's the diff between American and Canadian maple syrup?

Hmmm, now that I think about it, sometimes when I get a breakfast sandwich (biscuit) from TH, it tastes like someone spilled a mapley sort of stuff on it but not quite maple...

rated:
sublimosa said:   oh dear I am out of the loop again
what's the diff between American and Canadian maple syrup?

Canadian maple syrup apologizes.

rated:
I have a bottle I picked up from an Amish market in Michigan.

rated:
I just read about that. Does that mean we have to tip the servers now?

rated:
QTee59 said:   I just read about that. Does that mean we have to tip the servers now?
Not only the servers at McDonald's must be tipped, don't forget to tip the waiters, bartenders, sommeliers, maître d, washroom attendants, valet parking attendants, busboys, musicians and so on.  McDonald's is changing.  Carry at least a couple hundred extra dollars with you to tip, even if you only ordered a Big Mac Meal.

Remember to tip discreetly. Tipping is a private matter, so don't play the big spender who likes to flash thousands of $100 bills.  Also, flashing around one of the super-fancy American Express Centurion Cards, even at McDonald's, won't guarantee you'll be pushed ahead of everyone else, or getting extra cheese for free on your Quarter Pounder. Super-Important-Person-Celebrity status cannot be bought.  Knowing Ronald McDonald personally may help, but all other status at McDonald's must be earned.

rated:
I'm going with Hamburglar-he gets his burgers free and doesn't have to tip.
Robble robble.

rated:
burgerwars said:   QTee59 said:   I just read about that. Does that mean we have to tip the servers now?
Not only the servers at McDonald's must be tipped, don't forget to tip the waiters, bartenders, sommeliers, maître d, washroom attendants, valet parking attendants, busboys, musicians and so on.  McDonald's is changing.  Carry at least a couple hundred extra dollars with you to tip, even if you only ordered a Big Mac Meal.

Remember to tip discreetly. Tipping is a private matter, so don't play the big spender who likes to flash thousands of $100 bills.  Also, flashing around one of the super-fancy American Express Centurion Cards, even at McDonald's, won't guarantee you'll be pushed ahead of everyone else, or getting extra cheese for free on your Quarter Pounder. Super-Important-Person-Celebrity status cannot be bought.  Knowing Ronald McDonald personally may help, but all other status at McDonald's must be earned.

^^^^
Has table named for him at every McD's worldwide.

rated:
Well, now that the McRib is back, it completes the fine dining experience 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016