• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Well, maybe not "active", he has reported been shot and is dead. On mobile, so I can't link a story. Stay safe people.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
So, muslim or lefty? Or lefty muslim?

edit: I regret the timing and tone of this comment -KKH

rated:
"shooting"

rated:
False alarm folks. The crazy used a car and a knife, nothing we can do about those.

Story will be dead by next morning.

rated:
Somali decent.
Great.
More fodder for those who want to incite unneeded hatred.

rated:
KayK said:   Somali decent.
Great.
More fodder for those who want to incite unneeded hatred.

Sorry he was an 18 year old Somali refugee from a Muslim country instead of a white man you could have heaped your hatred upon.

rated:
scrouds said:   False alarm folks. The crazy used a car and a knife, nothing we can do about those.

Imagine how many fewer people he would have killed if he was armed with a gun.

rated:
kamalktk said:   scrouds said:   False alarm folks. The crazy used a car and a knife, nothing we can do about those.

Imagine how many fewer people he would have killed if he was armed with a gun.

I would, but I'm too busy imagining a world where defensive arms aren't needed because nobody tries to kill other people.

Sure is a lot nicer than reality where they come here as a refugee and leave in a body bag, trying to take as many people with them as they can.

rated:
As I was going to say in the op:

I observe that whenever this sort of thing happens, everybody gets out their drums and starts banging:

More gun control! BANGBANGBANG
Less gun control! BANGBANGBANG
Don't trust immigrants! BANGBANGBANG
Don't trust the government! BANGBANGBANG

rated:
soundtechie said:   As I was going to say in the op:

I observe that whenever this sort of thing happens, everybody gets out their drums and starts banging:

More gun control! BANGBANGBANG
Less gun control! BANGBANGBANG
Don't trust immigrants! BANGBANGBANG
Don't trust the government! BANGBANGBANG

Except the priests, they pray for the injured.

Oh wait, no, they say "So, muslim or lefty? Or lefty muslim?"  :rolleyes:

rated:
Yeah I guess that was in poor taste.

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   Yeah I guess that was in poor taste.
Yet accurate

rated:
Kandykornhead said:   So, muslim or lefty? Or lefty muslim?

He had been interviewed by the Ohio State student paper few months ago. He was scared of the very thing you posted.

Text 
"I wanted to pray in the open, but I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media," Artan told the newspaper."I'm a Muslim. It's not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don't know what they're going to think, what's going to happen," Artan told The Lantern. "But I don't blame them. It's the media that put that picture in their heads so they're just going to have it and ... it's going to make them feel uncomfortable."

rated:
kamalktk said:   Kandykornhead said:   So, muslim or lefty? Or lefty muslim?

He had been interviewed by the Ohio State student paper few months ago. He was scared of the very thing you posted.

Text 
"I wanted to pray in the open, but I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media," Artan told the newspaper."I'm a Muslim. It's not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don't know what they're going to think, what's going to happen," Artan told The Lantern. "But I don't blame them. It's the media that put that picture in their heads so they're just going to have it and ... it's going to make them feel uncomfortable."

3 months later he'd show himself to be exactly like he was worried about being perceived as.

rated:
Or as someone profoundly mentally ill. Or is that something just for people who aren't brown?

rated:
Wineaux said:   Or as someone profoundly mentally ill. Or is that something just for people who aren't brown?
I believe the correct racial aggregation term would be black. Somali means from Somalia. Somalia is in Africa.

Remember Islam is a religion, not a race.

rated:
Wineaux said:   Or as someone profoundly mentally ill. Or is that something just for people who aren't brown?
 The SITE Intelligence Group, a Bethesda,-Md.-based company that tracks online activity of potential terror organizations, said the attack mirrors some the instructions that ISIS has issued."Though Artan’s motive has yet to be confirmed, his method of attack — involving both a vehicle and knife — resemble attack methods suggested by IS in recent months via a video from its Raqqa Province in Syria and issues of its “Rumiyah” magazine," SITE said in a statement. "These media releases have included detailed guides on how to perform knife attacks and reap mass casualties in vehicular attacks, among other matters."“While past Islamic State media releases have focused on who to kill, recent media from the group has shown a strong focus on how to kill,” SITE Director Rita Katz said 

rated:
So so sad.

rated:
What the freak's wrong with people!??

rated:
I'd much rather find out what this guy's motivation was first, before we begin to convict them in the Court of Public Opinion. I'm not defending the guy, or his actions. I'm just advocating restraint until we know the facts.

rated:
Wineaux said:   I'd much rather find out what this guy's motivation was first, before we begin to convict them in the Court of Public Opinion. I'm not defending the guy, or his actions. I'm just advocating restraint until we know the facts.
Says the person accusing others of being racist against brown people.

rated:
scrouds said:   Wineaux said:   I'd much rather find out what this guy's motivation was first, before we begin to convict them in the Court of Public Opinion. I'm not defending the guy, or his actions. I'm just advocating restraint until we know the facts.
Accusing someone of doing something without knowing the causes is the definition of being a racist.

rated:
scrouds said:   
Wineaux said:   I'd much rather find out what this guy's motivation was first, before we begin to convict them in the Court of Public Opinion. I'm not defending the guy, or his actions. I'm just advocating restraint until we know the facts.

Yeah, sorry Scrouds.  One only has to look at the escalation of your posts from the first to this last one to see your real meaning.  I didn't quote anyone in my post.  I made a statement.  You piled on from there.  You wouldn't "get" racism if it hit you in the head with a hammer.  Although I do hear that mirrors work wonders sometimes...

rated:
Wineaux said:   scrouds said:   

Yeah, sorry Scrouds.  One only has to look at the escalation of your posts from the first to this last one to see your real meaning.  I didn't quote anyone in my post.  I made a statement.  You piled on from there.  You wouldn't "get" racism if it hit you in the head with a hammer.  Although I do hear that mirrors work wonders sometimes...

Let's not jump to conclusions. You want to know something, ask me

rated:
KayK said:   scrouds said:   Wineaux said:   I'd much rather find out what this guy's motivation was first, before we begin to convict them in the Court of Public Opinion. I'm not defending the guy, or his actions. I'm just advocating restraint until we know the facts.
Accusing someone of doing something without knowing the causes is the definition of being a racist.

Where do you come up with these crazy definitions.

Someone stole a cookie off my desk at work. I accused the Indian with the half eaten cookie on his desk.

I don't know if he was hungry. I didn't even ask.

I must be racist, your definition says so. You can't just emotionally decide that something seems racist and change the definition to suit whatever it is you want it to be.

rated:
When potential mass murderers use social media to express their intent to do something horrific or confess* afterwards, it is relatively easy to determine what motivated them. I am interested in such people's reasoning because such understanding may be useful when trying to prevent others from doing something similar. If someone feels marginalized or oppressed and doesn't harbor a desire to kill others who don't share the same beliefs, he or she has my sympathy. If those feelings translate into harming others, my primary concern is how society can protect others from them.

* I know the media's preferred term is "take credit" for some atrocity, but I use "confess" which reflects guilt rather than accomplishment.

rated:
scrouds said:   
Wineaux said:   
scrouds said:   

I don't want to know anything from you, Scrouds.  You've answered all of my questions many times over the past years.  Your posts speak volumes.

rated:
Wineaux said:   scrouds said:   
Wineaux said:   
scrouds said:   

I don't want to know anything from you, Scrouds.  You've answered all of my questions many times over the past years.  Your posts speak volumes.

It's been fun. I look forward to the next time when you jump to conclusions, call me names, and demand others don't jump to conclusions.

rated:
1) I didn't jump to any conclusions.

2) I didn't call you a name. In fact, I didn't quote you. You just ass/u/me(d) that I had.

3) I know I didn't demand a damned thing. I just stated what I personally preferred to do. Again, that whole ass/u/me thing.

So, in the spirit of your own post, I look forward to the next time where you just pull stuff out of your ass and try to pass it off as gospel just because you said it was so.

rated:
Wineaux said:   1) I didn't jump to any conclusions.

2) I didn't call you a name. In fact, I didn't quote you. You just ass/u/me(d) that I had.

3) I know I didn't demand a damned thing. I just stated what I personally preferred to do. Again, that whole ass/u/me thing.

So, in the spirit of your own post, I look forward to the next time where you just pull stuff out of your ass and try to pass it off as gospel just because you said it was so.

Are you talking to me now? You didn't quote me.

rated:
these last 4 posts have been as informative as they have been "interesting".
A "little" boring though.

Could someone point both of you to the little button titled: "Private Message" ?

& I did not quote anybody.

rated:
<< Abdul Razak Ali Artan allegedly ran down Ohio State University professor William Clark with his car Nov. 28, before stabbing others. 

At a news conference the next day, Clark refused to condemn Artan, saying he was waiting for more information to pass "judgment." (Reuters) >>

rated:
the terrorist said: In the name of Allah, the most merciful and the most gracious.

My brothers and sisters, I am sick and tired of seeing my Muslim Brothers and Sisters being killed and tortured EVERYWHERE. Seeing my fellow Muslims being tortured, raped and killed in Burma led to a boiling point. I can’t take it anymore.

America stop interfering with other countries, especially the Muslim Ummah (community). We are not weak, We are [not] weak, remember that.

If you want us Muslims to stop carrying lone wolf attacks, then make peace with “Dawla in al sham.” Make a pact or a treaty with them where you promise to leave them alone, you and your fellow apostate allies.

By Allah, we will not let you sleep unless you give peace to the Muslims. You will not celebrate or enjoy any holiday.

Stop the killing of Muslims in Burma.

Btw, every single Muslim who disapproves of my actions is a sleeper cell, waiting for a signal. I am warning you Oh America.

And, a message to the Muslims, don’t listen to celebrity scholars who sold their deen. I am talking about the likes of Yasir Oaphi. Omar Sulieman, Nouman Mufti and the list goes on. Beware of the Al Maghreb institute listen instead to our hero Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki.

Let me ask you this question if the Muhammad peace and blessings upon him and his Sanaba were here today wouldn’t the western media call them terrorists?

To conclude by Allah, I am willing to use a billion infidels in retribution.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016