• filter:

Recent Purchases, some at the 11th Hour!

  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I think I was supposed to start a previous thread and didn't so here it is now.
I did buy a second Echo Dot last night. It will deliver after my guy leaves for his trip so I don't even have to sneak around with it. And some day, when there is wifi at work I will take it there to use in my office. Whee.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.
rated:
a couple Meh American Apparel tshirts because they are my favorite thing to sleep in

rated:
i bought a G4 Play for lil miserly, at 1AM Sunday night.

rated:
Lee Denim Jacket  if they make these as well as they did 30 years ago I'm set for life

rated:
Larryslug said:   Lee Denim Jacket  if they make these as well as they did 30 years ago I'm set for life
  
That would be wild if these came back into style with kids again...   

who knows maybe i'll get to ski in jeans again too! 

rated:
Calgon water filtering shower head. Ladies on another board insist their hair and skin looks much better when they use one. I just installed it yesterday so I can't comment on any hair and skin benefits, but the water pressure is better than the generic one that was here. 

rated:
moonbeam said:   Calgon water filtering shower head. Ladies on another board insist their hair and skin looks much better when they use one. I just installed it yesterday so I can't comment on any hair and skin benefits, but the water pressure is better than the generic one that was here. 
  Calgon as in the bath salts? I bought a replacement shower head and the water pressure is wimpy. My guy was/is unhappy about it but I left it installed for lack of another.

rated:
Christmas headgear -headband with antlers and an elf hat with attached elf ears
 

rated:
sublimosa said:   Christmas headgear -headband with antlers and an elf hat with attached elf ears
 

 Are you a Vixen or a Cupid?

rated:
kirbydog said:   
moonbeam said:   Calgon water filtering shower head. Ladies on another board insist their hair and skin looks much better when they use one. I just installed it yesterday so I can't comment on any hair and skin benefits, but the water pressure is better than the generic one that was here. 
  Calgon as in the bath salts? I bought a replacement shower head and the water pressure is wimpy. My guy was/is unhappy about it but I left it installed for lack of another.

Did you pull out the "low flow" disk? That's the first thing I did with the new one. Reminds me of Seinfeld...

rated:
moonbeam said:   
kirbydog said:   
moonbeam said:   Calgon water filtering shower head. Ladies on another board insist their hair and skin looks much better when they use one. I just installed it yesterday so I can't comment on any hair and skin benefits, but the water pressure is better than the generic one that was here. 
  Calgon as in the bath salts? I bought a replacement shower head and the water pressure is wimpy. My guy was/is unhappy about it but I left it installed for lack of another.

Did you pull out the "low flow" disk? That's the first thing I did with the new one. Reminds me of Seinfeld...

  I didn't know about that! I can't recall the brand of the one I have. Moen, I think. I'm going to take it apart night and check. I have to see if we have more teflon tape, though.

rated:
moonbeam said:   kirbydog said:   
moonbeam said:   Calgon water filtering shower head. Ladies on another board insist their hair and skin looks much better when they use one. I just installed it yesterday so I can't comment on any hair and skin benefits, but the water pressure is better than the generic one that was here. 
  Calgon as in the bath salts? I bought a replacement shower head and the water pressure is wimpy. My guy was/is unhappy about it but I left it installed for lack of another.

Did you pull out the "low flow" disk? That's the first thing I did with the new one. Reminds me of Seinfeld...


You sure that isn't a felony in California?

rated:
I pulled out the disk with pliers but it didn't make much difference.

rated:
kirbydog said:   I pulled out the disk with pliers but it didn't make much difference.
 Hmm. I guess you just have bad water pressure. Mine is like a fire hose with the new shower head. I love it. 

rated:
moonbeam said:   
kirbydog said:   I pulled out the disk with pliers but it didn't make much difference.
 Hmm. I guess you just have bad water pressure. Mine is like a fire hose with the new shower head. I love it. 

  The water pressure is too high and I'm supposed to have a regulator installed but haven't done it yet. The new shower head delivered today so I'll install it and see if it helps with the over-conditioning issue I seem to be having with my hair. 

Today I went to CVS, which is not a usual store for me, but I had Extra Care rewards to spend. Bought more toys for our Toys for Tots donation at work. Beanie Babies! Remember when they were "valuable?" 

 Forgot to buy linguine for the clams in garlic sauce that I made last night. Boo hoo.

rated:
I compared the current showerhead with the new one and realized that the part I removed from the current one that I thought was the flow restrictor is a screen, not the restrictor. I need smaller pliers to pull out the restrictor and was too tired to look for them last night. DRAT! 

rated:
well, that is positive news-means your pressure might improve

rated:
my A mazone book order arrived this morning. At 7AM, I walked into the kitchen to make coffee and I heard this huge thump. My first thought was snow sliding off of the roof, but it hasn't been the right conditions for that and then I thought of my delayed delivery. I thought that was a laugh but opened the door and checked anyway. There was a cardboard container sitting in a pile of snow about three inches deep. No plastic, nothing and parts of the cardboard didn't meet. Had I not heard the thump I would've never known it was there until I got home from work at best. The books would've been ruined.
Nice move, A mazone!

rated:
I love linguine and clam sauce! I like the clear sauce, not a fan of the red and clams.

rated:
miserly said:   I love linguine and clam sauce! I like the clear sauce, not a fan of the red and clams.
  Me, too! I've been buying fresh littleneck clams and steaming them in garlic, butter and chicken stock or clam juice. SO great and so simple.

rated:
Got a kick out of the tv commercial where people have the "ah ha" moment of remembering they forgot to buy a gift.Mine wasn't out of forgetfulness, but because I couldn't decide what to give. I did a late-night order of spices for my 2 close friends who I will see when they visit their families this month. I added a few more items to give my nephew and his wife, who both want to cook but don't have a well-equipped kitchen (and she doesn't really know how, but loves good food). Fresh spices are a great addition to any kitchen imo.

rated:
A mini strip of watch batteries for my LEGO watches. I think I have a few batteries somewhere but I haven't excavated them and decided that buying more isn't a bad thing anyway. I have 6 LEGO watches, I think.

rated:
it only took 40 minutes to install the Zappos app to get the $25 code from Tmobile Tuesday promo so I could order more Smartwool socks. Not even sure it was worth it. Mostly just irritating.

rated:
3 shirts and 2 sweaters that I don't need from the Brooks Brothers sale. 

rated:
Lotsa cat litter and cat food from Jet.

rated:
I usually can do slow shipping option at Amazon, but we are almost out of TP so I ordered a case with Prime 2-day shipping. It was 2 days late with an email notice that if the order doesn't show up by Jan 1, to contact them .WTH. So I made yet another trip to Target today for some, drive home and about an hour later the order is dropped on the porch by a guy talking on his phone so loudly that I could hear him and the caller clearly from inside the house. I did Live Chat to express my dismay about the lateness of the order and got an extra month of Prime for my troubles. Yay.

rated:
I spent way too much on an embroidered cotton sweater from Brooks Brothers, but I absolutely love it. It's not everyone's style, but it's perfect for me. I want to wear it every day. 

rated:
Cama Crocs at Academy for $24.99, were 39.99 at BassPro.

rated:
I usually use any free reusable bags that I can get for grocery shopping but a bunch of them are wearing out. I bought a Chico bag at amazon. The solid color sets are a bit cheaper but I like this one better. Chico bags are very durable IMO.

rated:
seventy
code good today only for selected bed and bath at Macy's.

i ordered a set of flannel sheets, a throw and facial cleanser (free shipping on orders that include a Beauty item). Not sure about the quality of the flannel, but it is easily returned.

rated:
I received the last of my 2016 orders today: 2 pairs of Doc Marten 1461 oxfords from their museum collection : Di Paolo and Hogarth. They're absolutely adorable. I still mourn missing out on the Bosch, but they've been sold out everywhere for a long, long time. The only listing I've seen was for someone offering to pay $1000 for a pair in their size. I guess I don't want them that bad.

I am now on a clothes, shoes and makeup no buy, because I already have more stuff than I need. 

 

rated:
Suede moccasin slippers on sale @ Bass Pro using GC won there a few weeks ago. Free shipping to the store, but have to wait ~7 days. Amazon Prime spoiled me last 2 months with its speed, this seems like an eternity.

rated:
Mapatsfan's post reminded me: I still have one more 2016 order coming. I still have a pair of LL Bean kitty cat slippers on back order since early December. 

rated:
Are those slippers that look like kitty cats or are they for kitty cats?

rated:
They're people slippers with cat appliques on them. They also have dogs and some other animals. Do they make slippers for cats? I can't imagine a cat wearing them. 

rated:
2 raglan baseball style shirts for my guy. He has 3 already and loves them for some reason. I suspect it is because the raglan is more comfortable in the shoulder area. I got them for less than $6 after clearance price and coupon. yay!

rated:
I am a big fan of raglan sleeves, if done right.

rated:
sublimosa said:   I am a big fan of raglan sleeves, if done right.
  I think I have weird shoulders because I don't think raglan is flattering on me. I also can't keep a shoulder bag strap on my shoulder. Does that mean they are rounded?

rated:
hmmm, I can't say that they are flattering on me, either-I've never asked. I can't keep a shoulder bag on my shoulder very well, either. Oh, well. I've liked the raglan sleeve/baseball jersey style since I was in sixth grade.

rated:
kirbydog said:   
sublimosa said:   I am a big fan of raglan sleeves, if done right.
  I think I have weird shoulders because I don't think raglan is flattering on me. I also can't keep a shoulder bag strap on my shoulder. Does that mean they are rounded?

  Do you have sloping shoulders?

Skipping 158 Messages...
rated:
During the running of work and personal errands today I stopped at T-Mobile to pick up the free towel. I can donate it to one of the local animal shelters.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017